No announcement yet.

an honest opinion about mayweather....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roger Mellie View Post
    I dont like the guy at all,but he has incredible skill. I think he is in the wrong on the roid issue. Time is running out for him if he wants to be remembered for the fights he did have rather than the ones he didnt,which is pretty much the general consensus now.

I agree to disagree with the good doctor,as he is a top geezer.

no ****.
    Duckquiao not only ducked Floyd but he ducked the steroid testing. If you don't think history will remember that then you are hardly neutral.

Comment

Originally posted by OneEyeOpen View Post
      Duckquiao not only ducked Floyd but he ducked the steroid testing. If you don't think history will remember that then you are hardly neutral.
      Second line of your sig mate!

Comment

Originally posted by M.I.C. View Post
        Why you would even post that video in a forum of harcore boxing fans is beyond me, those cats and their argument is at the 3rd grade level. They clearly dont know nothing about Pac's catchweight, weight draining demands, or that he routinely fights guys who are on the decline. They no crap about how styles make fights. They think just cause Pac can beat slow footed no defense opponents that Floyd would be the same. They no jack squat about PED's how they work and what the experts say about Pac's proposed testing schedule. Overall, I truly found that video annoying, amateuristic, and unworthy to be viewed by hardcore fans of this sport. The TS should be ashamed of himself for posting that crap.
        The argument proposed in that video is pedestrian at best, doesn't deserve its own thread at all. The video is like listening to someone who just started watching boxing last year.
        Most of them considering Mayweather, Pacquiao, is the dominant topic in the sport. Though I may have only joined boxingscene recently, trust me when I tell you I am an old school fan of the sport. If this was the Ali era, most of my post would be about Ali, if this was the SRL, Hagler, Hearns, Duran, era, most of my post would be about them. If this was the Tyson era, most of my post would be about him. Boxing isn't baseball, basketball, football, etc ... Our sport is dictated by the individual personalities of its biggest stars.

No everyone does not get a shot in boxing, only the best gets attention, only the best gets debated and discussed. Maybe thats not a good thing but thats how boxing works. Boxing is concerned with only the best not all the rest.
        i must say, you do talk a lot, and you very much believe in your opinion.... and that off course nobody in this board can change....

but hey listen, those guys in the video are, as you have said are amateurs, guys who have just or looking like just started to watch boxing yesterday, ...... you maybe right in that side of the argument, but what difference does that make if they give their opinion over something, in this case against floyd mayweather, does being new in boxing gives them lesser rights in making arguments.... and does being a hard core fan like yourself, as you claimed, makes you the best resource person in boxing? why would you play god, and say to us, this thread should and shouldn't be?

man.... wake up, at the end of the day.... it is not the hardcore fans that makes these athletes become millionaires... it is these guys, casual fans, like them, me included, they come in huge numbers... they're the ones who makes up the numbers in ppv....

i wouldn't dare criticise them for what they said, they look genuine and honest, .... not a hardcore type like yourself, and yet they did talk about the biggest stars in the sport of boxing, stars they will pay to watch.

Comment

Why you would even post that video in a forum of harcore boxing fans is beyond me, those cats and their argument is at the 3rd grade level. They clearly dont know nothing about Pac's catchweight, weight draining demands, or that he routinely fights guys who are on the decline. They no crap about how styles make fights. They think just cause Pac can beat slow footed no defense opponents that Floyd would be the same. They no jack squat about PED's how they work and what the experts say about Pac's proposed testing schedule. Overall, I truly found that video annoying, amateuristic, and unworthy to be viewed by hardcore fans of this sport. The TS should be ashamed of himself for posting that crap.
          A hardcore Boxing fan should be ashamed of posting this crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogig View Post
            People, the truth is...

I don't even know why Floyd is included in the Pound-for-pound list ?!!

He's been a welterweight for years now and he doesn't have any of the elite welters on his resume (no Williams, Margo, Cotto, Mosley, Collazo, Cintron, Berto, and now not even Pacquiao)

His last two fights were with JMM (a lightweight) and Hatton (a junior welter) !

For the life of me I cannot figure out how this is pound-for-pound worthy !!!

Fair assessment I think.

Truth right here.

Green K

Comment

Funny how Pac is being accused of being a drug user when NO ONE IN THE WORLD can even name one drug to associate him with.

Floyd = Xylocaine

Manny = ???

In 55 professional fights, you would think at least one name would have come up , but no, nothing, nada.

NOT ONE SINGLE DRUG.

All accusations, all suppositions, all talk.

Peace.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dan Rafael from ESPN:

Mayweather shouldn't be making accusations without a shred of proof as he tries to discredit all of Pacquiao's great accomplishments, nor should he try to circumvent the Nevada rules by asking for blood tests when the commission has never asked for them.

Comment

Originally posted by top8gun View Post
                  i must say, you do talk a lot, and you very much believe in your opinion.... and that off course nobody in this board can change....

but hey listen, those guys in the video are, as you have said are amateurs, guys who have just or looking like just started to watch boxing yesterday, ...... you maybe right in that side of the argument, but what difference does that make if they give their opinion over something, in this case against floyd mayweather, does being new in boxing gives them lesser rights in making arguments.... and does being a hard core fan like yourself, as you claimed, makes you the best resource person in boxing? why would you play god, and say to us, this thread should and shouldn't be?

man.... wake up, at the end of the day.... it is not the hardcore fans that makes these athletes become millionaires... it is these guys, casual fans, like them, me included, they come in huge numbers... they're the ones who makes up the numbers in ppv....

i wouldn't dare criticise them for what they said, they look genuine and honest, .... not a hardcore type like yourself, and yet they did talk about the biggest stars in the sport of boxing, stars they will pay to watch.
                  And an amateur could also look at this situation and say, Pac wont test, he is hiding something, maybe he is on Roids like all these other athletes that have been busted. And guess what, we love to throw the word Fear, Scared, Afraid around. Well maybe this may seem strange to you, but Floyd should be fearful if Pac is indeed juicing. His refusal to be tested would make me even more cautious at the negotiation table.

Comment

LOL at the little kid in the middle.

Everything they said is how most fight fans feel I think.

Comment

Originally posted by rj_ct View Post
                      LOL at the little kid in the middle.

Everything they said is how most fight fans feel I think.
                      absolutely!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X