No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr: Canelo Alvarez Did Not Satisfy Expectations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
    chavez jr fights like that because that's the only thing he can do he has no skill or work ethic.I thought canelo boxed beautifully and it was not a boring fight.you want to see boring watch rigo's fight against the Filipino on the same card.
    Come on dawg, everyone expected Canelo would at least try to get a KO.

He looked much bigger, stronger and faster. There was no excuse for him to not even try. It was disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. saw his countryman Saul "Canelo" Alvarez as the rightful winner last Saturday night in Las Vegas, but he feels Canelo has failed to meet the expectations that were required of him.

He says Canelo did not pull out the win that many predicted coming in. Many experts who picked Canelo to win had predicted a victory by knockout.

Canelo was satisfied with his performance. At only 25-years-old, he say there is a still a lot to learn as his career progresses forward.

"Canelo looked good, but he did not fulfill the expectations that we expected or wanted, because they were talking about him being the new figure of boxing. He is a good champion, he was at the level of Cotto, he connected with the best shots and won, but I did not see many advances that would indicate that Canelo is a great fighter," Chavez Jr. told ESPN Deportes. "He fights well, good stamina, but he always fights at the same pace and always displays the same speed."

WOW Chavez Jr. may be a total bum as a boxer, but he seems to be a very good boxing analyst. I really don't mean it as a joke, I am serious. I agree with everything he said, except the stamina thing, which is utterly laughable. Just because Chavez Jr has even less stamina than Canelo, doesn't mean the latter has "good stamina". Not a chance. If he had stamina he would have KO'd Cotto. And Trout. And Lara. And Mosley. And the list goes on. And he would probably have at least knocked Floyd down as well. That's why GGG can destroy him (and he knows it) because they both may have similar punching power but GGG has the stamina to finish the job. Instead of just one to three powerful shots and then stop for fear of running out of gas, Golovkin can step on the gas pedal and keep on throwing until he destroys his opponent.

But other than the stamina thing, I think Chavez Jr., a bum and all, is 100% right.

Comment

Chavez Jr. talking about not meeting expectations.....the irony!

Comment

I love how both of you think Trout was prime because he beat washed up Cotto.

The Cotto that Canelo and Trout fought was busted. The Cotto who was a real threat was busted up by Mayweather and Psc, finished off by Trout--who did what after Cotto.

This whole Cotto resurgence BS is garbage. He beat very damaged fighters.

I bet you are the type to say Cotto looked good when he beat Geale, but GGG had done it at full 160, and you'll say he fights nobodies.

If Canelo was anywhere near as good as his fans claim, he wouldn't be trying to match up against WW like Tim Bradley or even some say PAC. Guys he'll carry 20 pounds on in the ring.

He's complaining about weight advantages against a guy who fights lighter than him. So it's an advantage if what, the guy is within 5 pounds of Canelo on fight night?

Dude drains down 20 pounds to fight at a fictional weight division, but we're supposed to believe he is something special.

If he were, they'd not even be considering vacating the title to duck GGG. They'd be setting that fight up right now.

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
          rubbish, Trout was in his absolute prime and coming off his career's best w.

Cotto was in his career's best shape, he moved and bounced more than ever and didn't gas in the later rounds like always does

Cotto was also ¨rejuvenated and improved under Roach¨ if you believe the claims of Cotto fans from the last 2 years

Canelo's not like Chavez jr, Canelo has work ethic and discipline, two qualities Jr never had
          Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
          Another idiot on here who likes to talk out of his arse.

Trout was in his prime, coming off a huge victory against Cotto. Many people didn't think Canelo was going to take the Trout fight, but of course after Canelo beats him, Trout is a bum right?
          Also Cotto was suppose to be the new Cotto. The revitalized Cotto who with Freddie Roach had KO'd three opponents in a row. But now that Canelo beats him he wasn't dangerous.

And I love the he drains fighters quote. He fights them above the 154 limit, but he weight drains them?
          He is trying to drain GGG isn't he. Last I checked Canelo is a MW champ, MW lineal and Ring Mag champ. And every bit the size of a true MW.

And th last I heard, Canelo was saying MW wants to fight him, has to come down to his weight (class) of 155.

My definition, that is attempting to drain folks.

A MW champ, lineal champ, Ring Mag champ, who demands all other MW fight 1 pound above JR.MW.

Draining fighter!

Comment

Well give it to Chavez cause he really has lived up to his exceptions. His fight with Fonfara showed who he really is.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
              I love how both of you think Trout was prime because he beat washed up Cotto.

The Cotto that Canelo and Trout fought was busted. The Cotto who was a real threat was busted up by Mayweather and Psc, finished off by Trout--who did what after Cotto.

This whole Cotto resurgence BS is garbage. He beat very damaged fighters.

I bet you are the type to say Cotto looked good when he beat Geale, but GGG had done it at full 160, and you'll say he fights nobodies.

If Canelo was anywhere near as good as his fans claim, he wouldn't be trying to match up against WW like Tim Bradley or even some say PAC. Guys he'll carry 20 pounds on in the ring.

He's complaining about weight advantages against a guy who fights lighter than him. So it's an advantage if what, the guy is within 5 pounds of Canelo on fight night?

Dude drains down 20 pounds to fight at a fictional weight division, but we're supposed to believe he is something special.

If he were, they'd not even be considering vacating the title to duck GGG. They'd be setting that fight up right now

He is trying to drain GGG isn't he. Last I checked Canelo is a MW champ, MW lineal and Ring Mag champ. And every bit the size of a true MW.

And th last I heard, Canelo was saying MW wants to fight him, has to come down to his weight (class) of 155.

My definition, that is attempting to drain folks.

A MW champ, lineal champ, Ring Mag champ, who demands all other MW fight 1 pound above JR.MW.

Draining fighter!
              Very convenient to now say Cotto's resurgence was BS, when before the fight people said it was the best fight that could be made, and a tough fight for Canelo. People were split thinking Cotto could win. But of course now that Canelo has won, it has to go down as a cherry pick for Nelo.

As far as the weight he isn't the only fighter to drop weight to make weight, there are countless examples of that including Pacquiao who would fight at 130 even though he'd enter the ring at 147. And most guys he's in the ring with also put on 15+ pounds on fight night. Trout was the same size Canelo was on fight night for example. The catchweight demand has been used by many fighters as well. Mayweather, Pacquiao, Cotto just to name a few. It's accepted when you like the fighter, but bashed when you dislike him.

You're an idiot troll who knows very little about boxing and just started watching since GGG. 1200 post since August, yeah, troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Basco View Post
                Chavez Jr. talking about not meeting expectations.....the irony!
                Absolutely right. Jr. barely trains for fights, keeps smoking weed and missing weight constituting a big disappointment not only for his famous father and fans but for the world of boxing (most expecting young Julio could do much better). At least Canelo has dedication, discipline and is willing to improve not wasting his boxing future like Jr. has done.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. saw his countryman Saul "Canelo" Alvarez as the rightful winner last Saturday night in Las Vegas, but he feels Canelo has failed to meet the expectations that were required of him.

Canelo (46-1-1, 32KOs) won a twelve round unanimous decision over Miguel Cotto to win the WBC middleweight championship. The fight was close and far from a dominating performance. The judges scored it one sided in favor of Canelo (118-110, 119-109, 117-111), but even the Mexican star's trainer disagreed with the scorecards and felt the bout was a lot closer.
                  [Click Here To Read More]
                  O s#it!GGG taking shots early!

Comment

ROFL, WHAT?????????
                    chavez jr high again

Comment

Don't shoot the messenger. Chavez is right.
                      Canelo is younger, bigger, stronger, fighting at his natural weight and he doesn't dominate a smaller, older fighter whose years past his prime?
                      Alvarez is a good fighter but a bit overrated. But WTF that's boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X