Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Kostya Tszyu vs. prime Julio Cesar Chavez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zoo v jcc at 140? both in their primes, I think its more likely to say chavez with the kinda record he had but here's the case for zoo. chavez walked thru big bombs against uncle roger at 130 n bigger bombs v chapo at 135 but when he fought uncle roger at 140, I don't remember roger landing any big shots n when randall dropped chavez in their first fight n put him on queer street momentarily in their rematch, there's where u can make a case for zoo takin chavez at 140. clearly zoo hits harder than Frankie randall and tho chavez isn't defensively reckless, he's not exactly hard to hit either. zoo lands a big one and chavez wobbles. zoo lands another big one later n chavez goes down. couple 10-8 rounds for zoo on the cards and the winner is........de Culiacan...hahahaha. its getting late

Comment

Chavez' weakness was fighters who could move, like Whitaker and Meldrick Taylor. In Tszyu he would be facing a guy who would come straight at him and wouldn't be hard to find.

The styles would mesh very well and whoever could take the most punishment while inflicting their own damage would win by KO most likely.

Comment

Prime chavez vs prime tsyzu would look alot like chavez vs rosario,,, Chavez would eventually walk down tsyzu and punish him and win a UD......
        Tsyzu style does not match up well vs a chavez,,,,

Comment

@ShoulderRoll.....good call.

Come straight at a prime Chavez and try to take him on when it comes to strength, stamina, work-rate, determination and the business of bossing the centre of the ring and you end-up getting badly beaten-up sooner or later.
          Chavez also beat all the box-punchers he faced in his prime as well.

I am old enough to remember the way he literally 'munched' a very strong, well-prepared and heavy-handed fighter I used to follow called Andy Holligan. Andy got chewed-up and spat-out inside five rounds. Brutal stuff!

Whittaker and Randall had the right gameplan and the skill-set to cause Chavez the only real headaches of his career; go for pure speed and never, ever set your feet long enough to let Chavez to find a rhythm.

Not sure that Tsyuzu has that patience, pure speed or slickness. He'd force Chavez to respect him and it would be close for several rounds; but Chavez still wins this fight.

Comment

Gotto go with Chavez man. Think he would even stop Kostya late actually. Just a tougher man

Comment

Chavez was an old 38 when they fought and Kostya was right in his prime. Even so, Chavez gave him a decent fight all told, caught Kostya with a lot of clubbing shots and some strong body shots. He also stood up to Kostya's power pretty well, only going down once and soaking up a lot of leather throughout the fight. This makes me believe a younger, fresher Chavez would have beaten Tszyu. Chavez was a little better than Kostya at almost everything maybe save for one-punch power and maybe Kostya has a better jab but that's open to debate. Would've been a heck of a fight prime for prime. Hell, the fight they had was pretty exciting. Chavez didn't lay down for Kostya and Tszyu was a beast at that stage in his career, while Chavez had had over 100 fights and been battered by De La Hoya twice.

Comment

Chavez by decision..... I think it would look similar to chavez-Rosario

Peak chavez was an absolute machine and just a higher class fighter than tszyu

Comment

Chavez. Too much difference in will, and the chin to go with it.

Comment

My top 5 at JWW!

Here is my top 5 at JWW to qualify you must have had at least 10 or more bouts at this or any other given weight before I include a fighter in my decsions.
                    1.. Aaron Pryor
                    2. Antonio Cervantes
                    3. Kostya Tszyu
                    4. Barney Ross
                    5. Julio Cesar Chavez

So I pick Tszyu to beat Chavez even in prime. Tszyu would take too many shots from Pryor to beat him, and I think Cervantes had as much Power and ability but just a little better.

I give the #1 spot to Pryor, but cervantes put him down in their fight against a Prime Pryor and and an Aging at the end of his career Cervantes, so I give him a chance against Pryor in his prime, as really who did Pryor fight and beat, he cheated arguello by being on something the 1st fight and Arguello was not a JWW anyway, he had moved up, so other than that, Pryor really never fought and beat anyone, you can only go on what you saw of him, but he was put down by many fighters with just fair or decent power, so I'm thinking it's Possible that guys like Tszyu may have had that punchers chance to put him down and keep him down.

Comment

I still reckon Tszyu beats him, not as big as the one we had but still a KO... I rate Tszyu highly, he had so much power and a serious killer instinct.

Comment

Working...
                      X