Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOPKINS Fights 'Em On The Way UP...PACQUIAO Fights 'Em On the Way DOWN!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to all the hacks and dipschits out there that think hopkins beat up on smaller guys, yall know jack schit about boxing.

all the so called smaller guys, fought smaller guys, all the while they were walking around between fights 160+ and above, trinidad was known to walk around at 185 while fighting at 147, meaning they were dropping down fight smaller guys, they had no where else to go but up.

hopkins figured out that he was not at his best fighting weight at 175 early in his career, so he made an adjustment and held the same weight down for 12+years! thats harder to do than to move up in weight.

and when he did move up in weight, it was the right time for his body and his skill set that he had with his aging body.

dropping weight to fight smaller guys is a joke, it's legal cheating, that is why they got rid of same day weigh ins, because guys weren't as effective when doing that and would get hurt, but ever since the one day weigh in delay, its common place and you hacks out there think its the way it's supposed to be, that it's ok for a guy to drop 30+lbs to fight a guy who only dropped 10lbs for that weight division.

get real jokesters, hopkins maintained and took on whoever came into his division, remember, hopkins fought guys that dropped down to fight at 160 who were bigger than him, the weight game goes both ways, the only thing is, the weight game hopkins played was was/is a 100x's harder than dropping weight then moving up to where you were supposed to be at.........

if yall want to say hopkins fought smaller guys then same with calzaghe, same with trinidad, same with DLH, etc, the list goes on and on.........

only hopkins and calzaghe are the true beasts of the sport, they not only held it down at the same weight for the majority of their careers and fought all who entered it, but, the fought father time when it comes to weight management, because we all know, you GAIN WEIGHT when you get older. hopkins is still fighting father time, calzaghe called it career......... father time was getting to close for joe's liking.

quit with the hack schit and wake the F up! stop with these swiss cheese arguments that are totally contrived and not a part of what is the real truth about certain elements within boxing....

Comment

Originally posted by Instinto View Post
      Trinidad, Pavlik, DLH, Wright were much smaller man. Even Calzaghe and Pascal are naturally smaller man to Hopkins. Hopkins spent his life bullying smaller men.
      if you're going by height, then yes, but if that is the case, then paul williams hasn't fought anyone his size and never will........

same with hearns.........

Comment

Hopkins resume ****s on most active fighters he is higher on my ATG list than Pac by a mile. Pac's best name on his resume will be a faded Mosley. Hopkins has been in there with just about everybody and he still is looking for fights with Bute, Pascal, Daswson, etc, and not looking for catchweights. I don't know why Floyd and Pac are ahead of Hopkins p4p right now?

Comment

how can you call anyone a dipshit(which you spelled wrong) when you think that a fighters ideal weight is his walk around weight?

dipshit(deuce_drop): trinidad fought smaller men because he walked around at 185!

*facepalm*

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
            Hopkins resume ****s on most active fighters he is higher on my ATG list than Pac by a mile. Pac's best name on his resume will be a faded Mosley. Hopkins has been in there with just about everybody and he still is looking for fights with Bute, Pascal, Daswson, etc, and not looking for catchweights. I don't know why Floyd and Pac are ahead of Hopkins p4p right now?

Now this is pure horse****.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
              Hopkins fought all smaller men. Ask him to move up at cruiserweight or heavyweight and will see what he really made of. Also don't forget he said. No white boy can beat him then Calzaghe owned his ass.
              Wanna know how I know you're a *******? You think Calzaghe owned Hopkins. You're an idiot. You didn't watch the fight, nor will you because you're a *******. All you watch is Pacquiao and discredit other fighters with the help of Boxrec.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                Because to be fair, Hopkins' losses show up on his resume even though I had him beating Calzaghe and Taylor. But yeah, he fights way better comp than Pac. Sergio Martinez is fighting better opponents too even though the Pavlik win was a little overrated because of what Hopkins had already did to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Instinto View Post
                  Trinidad, Pavlik, DLH, Wright were much smaller man. Even Calzaghe and Pascal are naturally smaller man to Hopkins. Hopkins spent his life bullying smaller men.
                  Funny how you should say that. Considering how most of Pacquiao's fights he has come in as the physically larger man.

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
                    if you're going by height, then yes, but if that is the case, then paul williams hasn't fought anyone his size and never will........

same with hearns.........
                    Isn't the reason why Pac, Cotto, Floyd, Mosley and everyone else at WW not willing to fight Pwill is his size advantage?

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                      Because to be fair, Hopkins' losses show up on his resume even though I had him beating Calzaghe and Taylor. But yeah, he fights way better comp than Pac. Sergio Martinez is fighting better opponents too even though the Pavlik win was a little overrated because of what Hopkins had already did to him.
                      Everybody knows that Hopkins was robbed those fights however. I don't think any real boxing fans are going to hold that against him. Like I said Hopkins is old school he runs toward competition instead of away like most of these guys. At his age he is still beating up and schooling champs. People should have more appreciation for this guy before he retires but I guess his comments turn a lot of people off. I just ignore that at focus on his work in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X