Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al Haymon associate Sam Watson interview...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Haymon associate Sam Watson interview...

Al Haymon is an advisor to many of the sports top fighters like PBF, Berto, Williams, Taylor... among others.

You can see Al Haymon here on the right

Al Haymon doesn't have many public appearances but Sam Watson and his kids can be seen at many ring walks.

This is the first time I've seen an interview of Sam Watson though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yaRyiZVq6M

I don't really know how to imbed videos here.
    Last edited by PH|L; 04-22-2010, 06:05 PM.

What does it say cause I cant see you tube
    that guy is seen everywhere but he hardly ever talks

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
      What does it say cause I cant see you tube
      that guy is seen everywhere but he hardly ever talks
      its an interesting interview.

First he explains that he and Al Haymon work together. That they are advisors/friends to fighters and not managers,.

He drops some names. Berto, PBF, PW, Arreola, Danny Jacobs, Rico Ramos, Tarver, Sahwn Porter, Guerrero.

He says they came into the game about 15 years ago with Vernon Forrest. Forrest wanted to fight Shane Mosley. Haymon and Watson used to do hip-hop concerts before being in the boxing game, but Forrest asked them for help to get a fight with Mosley and that's how it started..

He says Mayweather and Mosley once played a 1 on 1 BBall game 2-3 years ago and that Floyd beat Mosley. And he expects Floyd to beat Mosley may 1st.

he talks about PW vs Martinez saying it was a great fight. Says PW would destroy Martinez in the rematch. He predicts Pavlik will have a fight on his hands against Martinez but doesn't predict a Martinez win.

He says Floyd told him that he could retire Vernon Forrest before Forrest passed.

He says the mega fight is Pacquiao vs PBF, and that they will definately meet up together and that Floyd will beat Pac's ass.

Comment

Originally posted by PH|L View Post
        its an interesting interview.

First he explains that he and Al Haymon work together. That they are advisors/friends to fighters and not managers,.

He drops some names. Berto, PBF, PW, Arreola, Danny Jacobs, Rico Ramos, Tarver, Sahwn Porter, Guerrero.

He says they came into the game about 15 years ago with Vernon Forrest. Forrest wanted to fight Shane Mosley. Haymon and Watson used to do hip-hop concerts before being in the boxing game, but Forrest asked them for help to get a fight with Mosley and that's how it started..

He says Mayweather and Mosley once played a 1 on 1 BBall game 2-3 years ago and that Floyd beat Mosley. And he expects Floyd to beat Mosley may 1st.

he talks about PW vs Martinez saying it was a great fight. Says PW would destroy Martinez in the rematch. He predicts Pavlik will have a fight on his hands against Martinez but doesn't predict a Martinez win.

He says Floyd told him that he could retire Vernon Forrest before Forrest passed.

He says the mega fight is Pacquiao vs PBF, and that they will definately meet up together and that Floyd will beat Pac's ass.
        WOW
        green K bro
        thanks

It is interesting how he says they are "advisors/Friends" and not managers
        I bet you those two are rolling in money thats why they are so low key especially haymon

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
          WOW
          green K bro
          thanks

It is interesting how he says they are "advisors/Friends" and not managers
          I bet you those two are rolling in money thats why they are so low key especially haymon
          By acting as an "advisor" it frees Al from the requirement of being supervised by NSAC.

Comment

Originally posted by PH|L View Post

Typical Mayweather.It's not like Mayweather would have took the risk in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by And Still View Post
              By acting as an "advisor" it frees Al from the requirement of being supervised by NSAC.
              At the same time, it prevents him from having an exclusive contract with the fighters. So if they don't like his work, they can just dump him.

I'm just speculating though I don't know for sure.

Comment

If you don't want your manager to be all in the camera shots, smiling with his kids all in the ring, come to Cameron Dunkin.

Comment

I have always wonderd who the dad and 2 sons were that love to stand where ever the camera is going to be, often behind the ring announcer then they proceed to the fighter when they are being announced.. whereever the camera goes

Comment

Working...
                  X