Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

“BELIEVE IT OR NOT” BLACK FIGHTERS DON’T DRAW! ,, (by Pedro Fernandez)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by killacash View Post

Brandon "Flawless" Gonzales

Never seen him fight but he is an undefeated Black/Mexican 14-0 with 10 KO's
    with an extensive amateur career

dang i forgot about this dude, seem him a couple years ago on solo boxeo. he looked just ok then from what i remember wonder how hes coming along

Comment

• Originally posted by LaMexicanMigra View Post
      Floyd barely drew 850,000 PPV buys when he fought Ortiz.
      and this was done with the help of PPV Draws-Morales, and Saul "canelo" Alvarez on the undercard.

If Morales and Canelo Alvarez had not fought on the undercar, the Floyd vs Ortiz PPV event would've sold about 500,000 PPV Buys instead.

true this.

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
      To be honest boxing in America would of been in the shit hole much much deeper if it weren't for Mexican and Puerto Rican fans.
      treu that.

Comment

• [QUOTE=DempseyRollin;11288945]
        Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post

where do ppl get this from? ive spent my life growing up with ricans and dominicanos and none of them try to be "black". if anything id say we share a lot of aspects of our culture. but try to be black? i dont agree.

if thats the case then i guess mexican cholos try to be black too because they share a lot if the gangster **** they do with black gangsters too. that **** makes no sense.
        boxer Danny Garcia, n this n that

Last edited by hitem27; 10-14-2011, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaMexicanMigra View Post
          “BELIEVE IT OR NOT” BLACK FIGHTERS DON’T DRAW!
          October 10th, 2011
          By Pedro Fernandez

Bernard Hopkins-Chad Dawson
          “BELIEVE IT OR NOT” TWO BLACK GUYS TOP LOS ANGELES CARD

San Francisco, CA- Having been at this a while, I am always questioning the motives and intentions of both promoters and fighters alike. That is what makes me different from the norm, as in some instances I just throw out the “who, what, where and when” format journalism is based on and head in another direction.

That being said, I am beyond perplexed that reigning World light heavyweight (175 lbs) champ Bernard Hopkins (52-5-2, 32 KOs) will meet Chad Dawson (30-1, 17 KOs) in the City of Angels, Los Angeles, CA this Saturday night on an HBO telecast emanating from the Staples Center on a card that is dubbed, “Believe It Or Not.”

BLACKS DON’T DRAW OR BUY DUCATS UNLESS…

Fighters of African-American descent that can draw a huge gate are a rarity. Right now, I can already hear the seething of Blacks thinking that I’m taking a shot at them ethnically from the headline of this paragraph. But it is true, Bernard Hopkins couldn’t draw, not unless he was fighting Oscar De La Hoya or Felix Trinidad.

If you attended any of Hopkins’ defenses of the middleweight title, you know where I’m coming from. Oh, there are exceptions, Muhammad Ali, Ray Leonard and Mike Tyson could sell out arenas, regardless of whom they were fighting. Evander Holyfield and George Foreman, not so much. The only African-American fighter that can pack a joint today is Floyd Mayweather!

DAWSON COULDN’T DRAW 35 MILES FROM HOME

In 2009, Dawson took on Glen Johnson in Hartford, CT, which is roughly 35 miles from his home of New Haven, CT and reportedly drew less than 1,000 paid. Hopkins on the other hand, I can’t think of a time when he sold out any arena, ever, on his own, not even fighting near his home base of Philadelphia, PA.

CAN ONLY MEXICAN STARS DRAW IN LOS ANGELES?

There are two Mexican fighters on the bill, the first is Mexican national Antonio DeMarco (25-2-1, 18 KOs) of Tijuana taking on Jorge Linares (31-1, 20 KOs) of Venezuela. The second, Orlando Mora (28-1-1, 19 KOs) of Culiacan, will face Brooklyn’s Paulie Malignaggi (29-4, 6 KOs).

Neither Mora or DeMarco are really big names, so what is the lure hear to get Mexican’s to buy tickets that top off at $300 and bottom out at $25?

Unbeaten Mexican sensation Saul Alvarez had a great crowd at the Staples Center a fortnight ago when HBO split the Floyd Mayweather-Victor Ortiz Pay Per View card that resulted in Floyd putting out Ortiz in Las Vegas, while Alvarez stopped Alfonso Gomez at the Staples Center.

SO WHY IS THE AFOREMENTIONED TRUE?

When I promoted cards in San Francisco, I could never count on a huge Black turnout. Without putting him on the spot here, a Hall of Fame promoter told me that “Black fighters don’t draw” and “Blacks don’t buy fight tickets,” that is the rule and not the exception.

Hell, all that being said, who is going to take the apparent financial bath this Saturday night when Hopkins-Dawson takes place at the Staples Center.

http://ringtalk.com/bernard-hopkins-...staples-center

1) Right of course because it's a Mexican fighter who has the record for most PPV buys in boxing history.....

2) LA is basically little Mexico I don't expect ANY black fighter to sell out there

3) Blacks are largely interested in OTHER sports such as NFL Basketball Baseball I could easily make a article where I state Mexicans being physcially incapable of being huge NFL stars....
          Last edited by LoStranger; 10-14-2011, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoStranger View Post
            Right of course because it's a Mexican fighter who has the record for most PPV buys in boxing history.....
            gtfo my thread puto.I dont want racist people in this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
              gtfo my thread puto.I dont want racist people in this thread.
              Go tell that to your Mexican buddies...

Comment

• who is this idiot talking about "Latino's Trying To Act Black"

You mean Latino's (especially on the East Coast) who are a product of their environment and grew in the same struggle at blacks and others around them, that is not call talking or acting black, that is call being a product or your environment

everybody didn't grow up ISOLATED FROM THE REAL WORLD LIKE YOU LOSER who sit in the internet 24 Hours a day trying to act tough

I think it is HILARIOUS when people say to others "YOUR ACTING BLACK"...it is no such thing, if a White Guy grows up in Brooklyn or Harlem, it is a good chance he is going to ACT LIKE HE IS FROM BROOKLYN OR HARLEM

If a Black Person grew up in the Suburbs he is going to ACT LIKE HE IS FROM THE SUBURBS...now I don't have problem with Suburb kids who try to act like they are from the Inner Cities, now that is a JOKE!

Comment

• Black people do draw! You guys are so racist...

http://www.lifeartworks.com/modern-a...ple-gv-design/

Now tell me what that is!!!

Comment

• Racist minorities, my favorite topic in BS. HAHAHAHAHA

Go ahead little ones. Fight among yourselves for "power". I am sure you're winning. HAHA

Comment

• and with all due respect to Mexican Fighters (who I have great respect for and I am a fan of many of them)

Please...lets not pretend like Mexican fighters all have this great attendance and are this HUGE MEGA DRAW...because that is a FUKIN LIE

It hasn't been a Mexican Boxing MEGA Star since Oscar and the only reason why he was as big as he was was because of WHITES IN AMERICA who loved him and he also won a GOLD MEDAL for America

Mexican fighters draw well....LOCALLY and do well at the gate LOCALLY, but you have to ask yourself how much are those Tickets are being Sold For compared to say a MEGA BOUT between 2 Champions and/or 2 highly rated fighters...Compared to say the #10 vs #17 rated Lightweight, the tickets are going to be MUCH MORE AFFORDABLE...especially for Events that are not on HBO

Bottom Line is that the goal in boxing especially for PROMOTERS is to TARGET ALL BOXING FANS, not to Split and Divide them by RACE, it is almost as if some want it to be like "Blacks Only Go Watch Blacks Fight" and "Mexicans Only Guy Fight Mexicans" fight...WE ALL LOSE IF THINGS ARE LIKE THAT (FANS, PROMOTERS, EVERYBODY)

I don't see UFC fans being as SPLIT like Boxing fans, sure they have their favorite fighters but I don't see them check PPV #'s and trying to separate GROUPIES of UFC fans from each other
                      Last edited by sicko; 10-14-2011, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X