Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do boxers avoid over training there arms when training 5-6 days a week?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do boxers avoid over training there arms when training 5-6 days a week?

how do boxers avoid over training there arms when training 5-6 days a week?

Take two days off. Rest is important for your body and muscles. A lot of people tend to not realize this. Training more, longer, harder, isn't always a good thing. It's all about training correctly and eating correctly. Your muscles should get 24 hours worth of rest before working them out again.

I suggest taking 2 days off. Or maybe one day just don't train your arms. Work on head movement, foot work, abs, cardio, ect.

Comment

Don't confuse over-training with training hard. People talk about over-training far too often nowadays as if it's something to worried about if you have two good weeks at the gym.

My advice would be to train/exercise six days a week and do cardio everyday bar none, make sure you're eating well and replenishing your body with what it needs for recovery.

The only time I'd even consider over-training as an issue is if a boxer is training for a fight which gets cancelled and so carries on training through it putting in a good few months of intense training.

Push your body, don't even entertain thoughts of over-training.

Comment

Originally posted by dannnnn View Post
        Don't confuse over-training with training hard. People talk about over-training far too often nowadays as if it's something to worried about if you have two good weeks at the gym.

My advice would be to train/exercise six days a week and do cardio everyday bar none, make sure you're eating well and replenishing your body with what it needs for recovery.

The only time I'd even consider over-training as an issue is if a boxer is training for a fight which gets cancelled and so carries on training through it putting in a good few months of intense training.

Push your body, don't even entertain thoughts of over-training.
        ehhh, can't agree completely. i think it goes both ways. yes you have to push your body, but not to even think about overtraining is absurd. you HAVE to listen to your body. when you start seeing signs of fatigue and less intensity, then when you should think about taking a couple of days off. when you train, you put alot of stress on your central nervous system, muscles, etc. your body NEEDS time to heel and recouperate.

Comment

You got used to it, boxing is not progressive overload dependant like weight training so you can work more.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt View Post
            ehhh, can't agree completely. i think it goes both ways. yes you have to push your body, but not to even think about overtraining is absurd. you HAVE to listen to your body. when you start seeing signs of fatigue and less intensity, then when you should think about taking a couple of days off. when you train, you put alot of stress on your central nervous system, muscles, etc. your body NEEDS time to heel and recouperate.
            I know what you're saying and I agree that you have to listen to your body. I basically just wanted to point out that I'm hearing about people mention "over-training" more and more frequently when there's really no need. If you've over-trained, you'll know it. Don't go looking for signs of it because chances are you haven't over-trained, your body is supposed to ache etc.

Comment

Listen to your body. Just like weightlifting...you need rest days.

Comment

Working...
              X