Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler: Golovkin vs. Brook Will NOT Have a Big Size Difference

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on fellahs, are you really dumb enough not to understand that Brook weighed 156 on fight night after hitting 147, and GGG had weighed in at 160?

And that's Golovkin's heaviest ever fight night weight, btw. he was over 3 lbs lighter in the ring for Lemieux.

Brook walks around huge for a WW, and is definitely going to be significantly heavier than 156 in the ring vs GGG.

I have a feeling that what Loeffler is saying will turn out to be correct. The fight night size difference between GGG and Brook will certainly be less than it was between Canelo and Khan.

Brook is naturally bigger than Khan, and GGG will be lighter than Canelo was for that fight, because he will have to weigh in below 170 the day of the fight (IBF rule) which Canelo didn't have to worry about when he fought Khan.
    Even if you are right, just because Brook will be close in weight on fight night doesn't mean he's ready for MW. This situation is different because Canelo isn't as strong of a puncher as GGG and Brook doesn't have an advantage anywhere in this match up. At least Khan had the slight edge in hand and foot speed.

GGG is better than Brook in every area plus he's a bigger puncher........

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
      Even if you are right, just because Brook will be close in weight on fight night doesn't mean he's ready for MW. This situation is different because Canelo isn't as strong of a puncher as GGG and Brook doesn't have an advantage anywhere in this match up. At least Khan had the slight edge in hand and foot speed.

GGG is better than Brook in every area plus he's a bigger puncher........

These guys have no comprehension of weight.

mentioning fight-night weight at all is ******ed.

The total amount of conditioning and functional muscle-mass that you can take into a fight is determined at the official weigh-in..... fight-night weight is irrelevant in that regard and can even be detrimental..... Brook prepares as a welter FFS.

And I have told him that previously on more than one occasion.

Only on planet dumb would you attempt to argue that a middleweight is not SIGNIFICANTLY bigger than a welter.

Comment

Originally posted by casheddie View Post
        The same GGG haters/Mayweather fans are saying that GGG's 1 inch height advantage and 1 inch reach advantage is unfair

BUT

Those same GGG haters and Mayweather nut huggers ignore this.
        Mayweather : height: 5 ft 8 in reach: 72 in
        Pac: height: 5′ 5″ reach: 67 in

3 inch height advantage and 5 inch reach advantage, But 154-168 Doe.
        Who is complaining about the height/reach advantage? Weight is the problem. That's the way sizes are compared in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Come on fellahs, are you really dumb enough not to understand that Brook weighed 156 on fight night after hitting 147, and GGG had weighed in at 160?

And that's Golovkin's heaviest ever fight night weight, btw. he was over 3 lbs lighter in the ring for Lemieux.

Brook walks around huge for a WW, and is definitely going to be significantly heavier than 156 in the ring vs GGG.

I have a feeling that what Loeffler is saying will turn out to be correct. The fight night size difference between GGG and Brook will certainly be less than it was between Canelo and Khan.

Brook is naturally bigger than Khan, and GGG will be lighter than Canelo was for that fight, because he will have to weigh in below 170 the day of the fight (IBF rule) which Canelo didn't have to worry about when he fought Khan.
          Fair point, he will obviously be heavier in the fight with Golovkin but there is a reason Brook can make 147 and GGG has never weighed in below 158 in his professional career.... GGG being a small middleweight is an illusion, he just doesn't bloat up between fights and after weigh ins, anyone with an unbiased view knows he is sculpted at 160 and can not make 154.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            STFU and take your snake oil somewhere else.
            word!!

Ward vs his boy was a big size difference tho smh

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
              Fair point, he will obviously be heavier in the fight with Golovkin but there is a reason Brook can make 147 and GGG has never weighed in below 158 in his professional career.... GGG being a small middleweight is an illusion, he just doesn't bloat up between fights and after weigh ins, anyone with an unbiased view knows he is sculpted at 160 and can not make 154.
              I've never believed that GGG would be able to fight effectively at 154, or he would have done it by now. The big fights haven't exactly been falling into his lap at MW.

The critical thing about GGG/Brook is how effective Brook will be against a MW after weighing in at 160. I've been a fan of Kell's since before he won his world title. And like a lot of his fans, I became so frustrated by his long periods of inactivity, sometimes unavoidable, that I virtually gave up hope of ever seeing him achieve what I though he could achieve in the sport when he was blowing away domestic opposition as a young prospect.

One of the reasons why Brook made such slow progress was that either he, or somebody on his team, has a very calculating and careful head on their shoulders. Kel isn't short of options now to make money at 147. If he's moving up to 160, somebody who knows what they are about, and knows Kell Brook better than any of us, believes that he will handle that jump up well.

It's been done before. SRL and Hearns were career WWs who moved up and competed with outstanding success at MW and SMW.
              Last edited by kafkod; 07-10-2016, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                These guys have no comprehension of weight.

mentioning fight-night weight at all is ******ed.

The total amount of conditioning and functional muscle-mass that you can take into a fight is determined at the official weigh-in..... fight-night weight is irrelevant in that regard and can even be detrimental..... Brook prepares as a welter FFS.

And I have told him that previously on more than one occasion.

Only on planet dumb would you attempt to argue that a middleweight is not SIGNIFICANTLY bigger than a welter.
                Comparing the fight night weight of a man who weighed in at 147 to that of a man who weighed in at 160 is indeed irrelevant.

But I think even you would have to agree that a man who has to work very hard to hit 147 - like Kell Brook - is going to be significantly bigger and stronger on fight night if he hasn't had to work hard to cut weight for that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                  Who is complaining about the height/reach advantage? Weight is the problem. That's the way sizes are compared in boxing.
                  I don't see the issue, these guys spar with heavier boxers in the gym all the time. And with the IBF rules, they can't come in more than 10 lbs over the set weight on Fight Night. This is the most fair scenario for this fight.

At least we know this fight won't end like the Khanelo fight did. it was pathetic and the only ppl that give Canelo credit for that KO, are casuals that didn't know Khan had a glass chin to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by casheddie View Post
                    I don't see the issue, these guys spar with heavier boxers in the gym all the time. And with the IBF rules, they can't come in more than 10 lbs over the set weight on Fight Night. This is the most fair scenario for this fight.

At least we know this fight won't end like the Khanelo fight did. it was pathetic and the only ppl that give Canelo credit for that KO, are casuals that didn't know Khan had a glass chin to begin with.
                    Oh! They spar with heavier guys, so it shouldn't be an issue? So why was moving to 168 for Ward an issue? Why don't we have everyone jumping two weight divisions on a whim?

You also don't think it ends like Canelo/Khan? How exactly do you see this going?

Comment

Laughing Loeffler, Goofylovkin and Mentally Dis-Abled Sanchez the Three Stooges of Boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X