Collapse
No announcement yet.

1800s slave v Walmart $7 an hour.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have talked to people who have been to China and seen first hand the conditions the workers live in that produce the products that end up in stores like Walmart. They often describe the conditions as modern day slavery, if there is a slavery component to Walmart that is where it is.
    In the US the wages are low but people have choices and can choose not to work there.

Comment

theres a lot of types of slaves.

fastfood workers slaves
      factory workers slaves
      office workers slaves
      hospital workers slaves

''slavery is the law of life'' - fernando pessoa

Comment

To me a slave is owned. Literally someone's property.

It might suck working a bottom of the barrel job, but at the end of the day they don't own you. You can leave whenever you want. All you have to say is "I quit". That's it.

Good luck saying "I quit" to your slave master if you're a slave.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
          Lol

I got paid more than that from the government each week to do my masters, even while on holidays.

They even paid my $110k course fees.
          Where do you live?

Comment

Damn boy! Youre ignorance managed to bring one tycoon and piggy into full agreement about how wrong you are about minimum wage and walmart.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
              Semantics.

Both work to make rich people richer.

Both get only meager food and board.

Both are looked down on by society.

Both have no alternative or way out.

What choice ?

The streets ?
              Is this the best reply that you can deliver, seriously? I hope that you're not from the US. Because if you are, it's outrageous that our government would actually spend $110k to finance your masters.

I'm in the same boat that working the lower levels of walmart is not too high up on anyones career goals but to equate walmart to slavery is just lazy, escapist, passe and just downright insulting to the people who ended up in the wrong side of slavery.

seriously, if we're funding your education, you better start showing us some solutions to the walmart problem because if "walmart = slavery" is all that we're gonna get for our $110k, then it's a f×ckin waste.
              Last edited by pnksntdead; 03-05-2014, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pnksntdead View Post
                Is this the best reply that you can deliver, seriously?
                Well in his defense it's not as bad as Bryant Gumbel calling David Stern "a modern day plantation overseer", and NBA players his slaves. Lmfao, multimillion dollar slaves

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...ticle-1.964335

Comment

Its an easy job I do alot of the same stuff but for state run retail so I get paid almost twice as much. Private industry blows, you don't want to work for these greedy slave drivers.

Comment

Working...
                  X