Collapse
No announcement yet.

interesting match up bradley vs cotto @140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is a close fight that could go either way but I would pick Bradley to win a close decision because of his pressure, better stamina and much higher work rate. Bradley hits harder than some give him credit for as Peterson and Whitter could tell you. He take a good punch and recovers quickly.Cotto is a very good puncher and a wicked body puncher so he could KO Bradley but I think Bradley outworking him in a good fight is more likely.Cotto's main power is in his left hand as he is a converted southpaw. If Bradley can work around Cotto's strong left jab he should win.

Comment

Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
      Your weighing and emphasizing too much on a unified title.He unified against Kendall Holt a guy who is/was NEVER consistent.Hard puncher yes,but is he anything special to begin with? Witter the quitter?? A past prime Nate Campell?? The only credit i give to Bradley is Alexander, and even so i want completely sold on him but i gave him the benefit of the doubt.And Peterson...i just hope somebody shuts his career down.But your basing your analysis on how Bradley can beat Cotto by belts.Unified champs get beaten just like antibody else.Cotto had a short stay at 140,and IMO Hatton would of been regarded as a more dangerous fight had they met.The same way i believe Hatton would of made easy work out of Bradley.
      I'm basing Bradley beating Cotto on the skill set they both have..Ring Smarts edge to Bradley..Footwork edge Bradley..Speed edge Bradley..Stamina edge Bradley...Power edge Cotto...I think Bradley wins because of the skills he has, not because of belts..

Comment

Bradley is a lot better than people give him credit for. Cotto isn't as good as people make him out to be. That being said I still see a close fight, though it'd be a lot better at 147. Cotto just wasn't as good at 140 as 147 and Bradley was a damn good 140lber.

Bradley has most of the edges in the fight, with the exception of power. Cotto can take punishment, but accumulation seems to hurt him, it'd be interesting to see if Cottos stamina at 140 holds out.

Comment

Bradley wins Cotto is not as great as many of you think he is

Comment

Cotto wins, because he has fought at the much higher level, and has beaten higher calibre opponents. Bradley would have got stopped by a 2009 Pacquaio too if he had to drain himself to make weight. The fact that Bradley had to rely on a screw job to beat an unmotivated Pacquaio, losing almost every round at that, says it all.

Cotto is better than Bradley in almost all departments. Bradley is unbelievably overrated on this forum. He's very good, and very well rounded, but he isn't elite. Cotto beats him on his worst day.

Comment

Cotto will take this. 140 cotto is underrated imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                I'm basing Bradley beating Cotto on the skill set they both have..Ring Smarts edge to Bradley..Footwork edge Bradley..Speed edge Bradley..Stamina edge Bradley...Power edge Cotto...I think Bradley wins because of the skills he has, not because of belts..

Its no secret Cotto at 140 was a chin suspect in some fights but he held his own against opposition who i think would do well against todays guys.He was accurate and heavy handed in his youth, it was short lived but a good run.This fights end up being in that Ricky Hatton category with the exception that Cotto beats them relatively easy in his 147 prime imo.

Comment

Originally posted by nm2tx32 View Post
                  who wins this fantasy match up at 140?

i think cotto ko's him at 140

opps feel free to move this thread to "fantasy fights section"
                  Cotto had a hard time making 140 for a while. Tim has a very difficult style to look good against and he has great movement. I think he could win a decision over Cotto at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
                    Cotto wins, because he has fought at the much higher level, and has beaten higher calibre opponents. Bradley would have got stopped by a 2009 Pacquaio too if he had to drain himself to make weight. The fact that Bradley had to rely on a screw job to beat an unmotivated Pacquaio, losing almost every round at that, says it all.

Cotto is better than Bradley in almost all departments. Bradley is unbelievably overrated on this forum. He's very good, and very well rounded, but he isn't elite. Cotto beats him on his worst day.
                    I just can't agree. I can't think of anyone at 140 or 147 who could beat him with the exception of Pac or Mayweather. I think that Bradley would make Pac look very bad in a rematch and he would give Mayweather a very tough, tough fight. He dominates everyone else in those divisions with relative ease.

Guerrero would make for a good fight but I'd still pick Tim to win a fairly wide decision over him. I don't see why you say he is overrated, I think he is highly underrated tbh. Bradley is beating guys that go on to beat everybody else they fight. I'd say he is pretty close to elite. Abregu will be an example of this.....he will give Dolurme a tough fight. I wouldn't be surprised if Abregu won.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post

So you believe Cotto has better foot movement stamina and ring smarts??Come on dude,you must be joking...

Comment

Working...
                      X