Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you favor any fighter @ 135 or 140 over Broner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIOS. Garcia. JMM. matthysse. Khan. Bradley. I think they will all have their chances and Broner will grab the best opportunity given. Khan could easily get the fight if he comes back on top since he's a draw and has the balls to fight anybody too. Khan can live his mayweather dream against broner.

Comment

Khan should move up to 147, he's just not making 140 effectively anymore

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        Fair point.

We'll just have to wait and see if the fight happens, though I doubt it will. I think Broner will fight at least once more at 135 before moving up, and I doubt he'll be eager to take on the task of Matthysse after just entering the division. He'll most likely pick a creampuff to test the waters on.

140 just got a lot more interesting, though.
        Unfortunately, this is also a large dose of truth. Ever since the ponce scare, Broner has been matched very carefully.

Comment

Ricky Burns beats the lot of them.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
            Unfortunately, this is also a large dose of truth. Ever since the ponce scare, Broner has been matched very carefully.
            I'm also not reading too much into Broner's recent fights.

Broner put in an excellent performance last night for sure.

But when your opponent only decides to move his head in the 6th round, doesn't circle away from the hook the whole fight, and on and on then it doesn't tell me much.

None of the top guys at 140 would fight that way against him (except Rios). So I wouldn't be surprised if many of them give him serious problems if not win.

Comment

I think Matthysse would smash him. Absolutely break him.

Comment

I think Rios could give Broner a tough fight... it'd be the Marg/Floyd fight we all wanted to see when Marg stepped up to Floyd and he backed down

Comment

Demarco was kinda over rated. The 140 pounders being mentioned are a lot stronger and more dangerous than Demarco. But, Broner is a genuine talent, so who knows? Maybe he'd beat them all.

I actually think Broner would beat Matthyse. I like Lucas a lot, but he's not a slickster at all, and his speed is ordinary. Broner's too smart and quick for Lucas. Lucas' power won't matter much if he can't catch Broner. Just my opinion. Not sure about the other top 140 pounders. But Broner would be at a height and reach disadvantage to a lot of them.

I mean it's nice to speculate, but a matthyse - broner fight will never happen. Certainly not anytime in the next few years.

Comment

bradley comes to mind. maybe swifty, cant decide yet, thats about it

lmao @khan beating broner
                    rofl @rios beating broner

some people, Im not sure what they watch when they watch boxing, for real...

Comment

Gamboa and Matthysse would present him the most trouble.

Gamboa's angles and movement would present a problem. Matthysse is nowhere near Broner's level on overall skill, but he can take a punch and would just keep coming.

Broner isn't quite as good moving backwards.

Comment

Working...
                      X