Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt Skelton Vs Danny Williams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skelton = 38 year old, pro boxing for about 2 years, no big name opponents (or even moderately skilled ones)

Williams = World title contender(by fluke, but still), took the current champ 8 rounds, beat tyson, decent pro of many years expiriance

Nuff said

Comment

Skelton is so big but a little slow fighter. So I think Danny will win the this match in early rounds.

Comment

I dunno why but a Skelton -v- Williams fight just doesn't interest me that much. It took Vitali 8 rounds to get rid of Williams - I wonder how many rounds it'll take Skelton?

Comment

Once Skelton fought constantly K-1 kickboxing match in Japan.I usually saw his fights on TV.From that time, he used punch rather than kick.I think he thought he was much suitable boxing fighter than kickboxer.But he never won the magor title like WBA/WBC/IBF/WBO.cause he still too slow and in the fact he has never good tin.Once knocked out by Le Banna
          who is French K-1 fighter by landed to punch to the face also not staminac at that time.

Comment

Williams could and should win this one with ease, he has way more ability than skelton in every department. But saying that, it all depends upon which version of Williams turns up??? However if he's in the right frame of mind and adequately motivated, there will only be one winner.

Comment

Williams by ko 5.

Comment

Originally posted by matts
                Skelton is such a scruffy fighter. But at the same time so effective. his fitness is second to none and his workrate pretty constant.

I belive Williams is by far the better boxer, But like you HitterWitter think Skelton will ko him mid to late.

There will be too much pressure on Danny to look good and do a number on
                Skelton and we all know what happens to Danny Whe the pressure is on.

Imo there was less pressure on him when he faught TYSON than Klitschkov

Of course. Klit’s knees were healthy. Tyson’s ones not.
                But Williams was perfect with Tyson and was demolished in the 1st round. And Klitchko fought the joking punching bag in the last december.

Comment

Originally posted by diz82
                  There isn't a hope in hell of Skelton winning this one. Matt is easy to hit and once WIlliams does it'll be goodnight Matty.
                  Klitchko is also easy to hit. But the intersting thing was revealed during the december bout: Williams can’t land his punch. Williams’ brain don’t let it.

I think Williams is mad because Williams opposite MIke was different than Williams opposite Vitali. Skelton may be wooden but he’s thinking and it will be the main factor.

Skelton TKO 6

Comment

Originally posted by martinwbc
                    I dunno why but a Skelton -v- Williams fight just doesn't interest me that much. It took Vitali 8 rounds to get rid of Williams - I wonder how many rounds it'll take Skelton?
                    i would like to see all the top british heavyweight guys fight each other, wiliams, skelton, harrison, greenburg, hide, but it will never happen, greenburg looks the most talented out of them all

Comment

Williams vows KO!

Former WBC heavyweight title challenger Danny Williams is planning to go to war with British champion Matt Skelton when they collide on July 16 at the Bolton Arena. "This is going to be a war," says Williams. "The fight will not go the distance and it will be trench warfare right from the very first bell. Everyone knows that Skelton is just a big rough brawler with no skill but he has a big heart. I'm a better and more skilful fighter than Skelton with even more heart and could beat him with my hands down but I am going to prove a point that he cannot rough me about and will fight him at his own game and knock him out."

Comment

Working...
                      X