Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Couldn't Fight Everyone, Must Make Business Sense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
    You criticising Floyd for fighting Mosley? Lmao! The HBO cast also criticised Floyd for fighter Marquez during the fight, and Jim Lampey for once said something smart, he asked the cast who were the best fighters at welterweight that Floyd could fight

And guess what? They ALL UNANIMOUSLEY agreed that Mosley, Pac, and Floyd were the best fighters at welterweight, and agreed that "any permutation of Floyd, Pac, and Mosely" would be the best and biggest fight at Welterweight. Floyd fought Mosley right after Marquez and schooled him, then the excuses came, just like they are right now from you.

Lol, and Erisland Lara? Lol, defaq is that ****! He fought Canelo right after fighting ghost, and schooled the mother****er, the same mother****er who went and beat Erislandy Lara after getting schooled by Floyd, the same mother****er yawl said Floyd was ducking and would never fight. Bet if Floyd defended his belt against Lara instead of unifying titles against Canelo yawl would have been spitting the same garbage, you'd only replace Lara's name with Canelo, otherwise everything else would be the same bs.

Fought Zab coming from a loss? Lmao! You dum mother****er you don't know **** do you? Floyd and Zab agreed to fight when Zab was still undisputed champ, Zab had to defend his titles against Baldomir though, so they agreed to fight after Zab-Baldomir, but Zab unexpectedly lost to Baldomir, so Floyd fought Zab anyway since they already had an agreement, and then went and got a shutout against the man who beat the man, Baldomir. He beat Zab and went after the guy who beat Zab, all the while, as he'd been doing for YEARS, calling out Shane Mosley and Oscar Dela Hoya.

All these mother****ers ducked Floyd. Floyd moved up to welterweight coz all the champs at 140 were ducking him, including Costa Tszyu, and he said after beating Henry Brusseles, in the post fight interview, that he was calling out all the top dogs from 154 downwards, anytime anywhere, and that includes Cotto, Mosley, Tszyu, and Oscar, and all he got in return was crickets from Tszyu, Cotto's team said he wasn't ready, Mosley said he had a tooth ache, and Oscar said low risk no reward.

Newsflash dum ass, Pretty Boy Floyd was the one being ducked, not the other way around. That includes Prince Naseem and Casemoyar, Floyd called them out after destroying Corrales in the post match interview, guess what Larry Merchant said? "There's no way those guys gonna fight you after what they just saw today?"

Floyd never got a response from those fools.

YAWL are just dum sheep, have no idea whatchu talking bout. Get some facts son.
    Problem is when Floyd fought those guys.

For exemple, Canelo was green and IMO the Ginger is still Learning.

I think Floyd is a smart cherry picker.

Just my own opinion, don't be so sensitive.

Comment

People can debate all they want who Floyd didn't fight. Lets focus on everybody he did fight. And the haters and the whole cherry picking accusations is hilarious. Majority of his opponents were either champions or fighters coming off a win streak or big win at the time he fought. They just become cherry picks AFTER Floyd beats them. Canelo is the perfect example. Before the fight was announced everyone said Floyd will never fight Canelo and was ducking him. When it was announced everyone said he would knock Floyd out. Floyd schools him and all of sudden Canelo becomes a cherry pick with not enough experience. Then came the weight issue. Guy came in the ring damn near a super middleweight and Floyd still took his title with ease. But as always haters will find an excuse

But I do agree that his body was breaking down. That showed in the Berto fight. Five years ago Floyd would have beaten Berto worse then he did. I think Floyd walked away at the right time. He fought the guy everyone wanted him to (Pacquiao) and retired undefeated and on top, regardless of who hates it or not. He won he five divisions and has defeated multiple world champions, with at least 10 them that already were inducted or going into the Hall of Fame. And he did this all and still stayed undefeated. You mean to tell me that came from cherrypicking? You haters need to kill yourselves lol

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post

So when Floyd fought Marquez and Mosley they were too old and over the hill. Floyd fights a younger, bigger, stronger, undefeated champion at the time (Alvarez) he's too green. So who would have been a better fight for Floyd besides Alvarez at that time. I'll wait for a reasonable response.

Comment

If Pac or any other vet fought Canelo it would have been fine. Why is it a cherry pick when it comes to Floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
            Gatti WBC super lightweight title

Mitchell first fight at welterweight

Zab Judah IBO & IBF welterweight title

Baldomir WBC & Lineal title

De La Hoya WBC Super Welterweight title

Ricky Hatton Undefeated

Juan Manuel Marquez #2 P4P

Shane Mosley KO'd Mayorga and TKO Margarito who had never been stopped

Victor Ortiz WBC welterweight title

Cotto WBA super welterweight title

Robert Guerrero 15 straight wins WBC mandatory

Saul Alvarez

Maidana

Maidana

Pacquiao

Ever hear of Ray Robinson???

Comment

Also Floyd called out DLH and Mosley when he was younger and knocking guys out. They ignored him because Floyd wasn't marketable enough at the time. Lets not forget Mosley's tooth problems as to why he didn't want to fight Floyd. Just saying it wasn't always Floyds fault that he didn't fight certain fighters at an earlier time.

Comment

Floyd haters are the saltiest guys ever, lol. There just mad all their hopefuls to beating him failed. If Floyd was white he wouldn't be hated as much. Yeah I said it.

Comment

Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
                  Whatever!

He disgraced the sport in the eyes of purist.

He was there for the money only.

In his prime he ducked prime fighters.

He was a zero risk taker

He used steroids to keep his speed

He fraudulently lied with insufferable arrogance

He has never been the face of boxing nor is he close to the best ever

But in the end this woman beater craves your love !!!

And YOU LoVe him !!!! Hahahahaha
                  He disgraced the world of boxing? Lol. By fighting the way boxing was designed is disgraceful. Hit and not getting hit is disgraceful. Wow. You said he wasn't never the face of boxing. Wasn't he involved in the top 3 grossed pay-per-view boxing matches in history? I know people who didn't even watch boxing until after Floyd became popular. When I even mention boxing his name is the first one called out.

He ducked prime fighters? I remember him calling out DLH and Mosley when he was younger and knocking guys out. They ignored him and said he wasn't marketable enough. So that statement you made was false. And remember if Pac didn't run away from the testing initially that fight would have been made years ago. Again your statement is false.

Steroids? Floyd must be taking the weakest steroids ever then. I've never seen a fighters KO's decrease while they're taking it. They should be coming up in the weight divisions and knocking guys out like a certain guy did. Funny how they ran away real quick when blood testing was mentioned and his power simply disappeared once he started testing. Yeah I'm talking about your boy in your pic.

For the money? Of course its a business. Go back to earlier in this post. Remember Oscar and Mosley ignored Floyd at first because he wasn't a big enough money draw. It boils down to the money at the end of the day. Why else did Pac fight a weight drained old DLH? Money of course. I never knew a professional athlete who performs for free. Name one that will do that and I'll stop disputing your negative money opinion.

And was fighting Canelo not a risk? Oh yeah I forgot he was too green and not ready even though he was younger, bigger, stronger, and undefeated champion at the time which was opposite of the often accused over the hill aged fighters that he steps in the ring with. The weight affected him too right? Lol. So if Floyd is a cherry picker doesn't that make your boy Pac the same thing since he fought some of the same guys? And didn't he fight a lesser version of DLH then what Floyd fought? So the Algeri fight wasn't a cherry pick? Brandon Rios wasn't a cherry pick fight either?

So Floyd went to jail for domestic violence. What does that mean? That he's not perfect. Doesn't change the fact he was one of the best fighters of this era. Hell Ali was a draft dodger, Tyson is a convicted rapist, but yet they get praised for their accomplishments in the ring. So why can't Floyd.
                  Last edited by boxingfan4life; 02-15-2016, 09:43 PM. Reason: wrong words

Comment

I, for one, am glad he did not fight to the point where age could leave him vulnerable to an ugly KO loss. Fighters NEVER get out at the right time and he did.

Comment

The hate and discrediting of Floyd is tangent proof that you will NOT acquire universal acclaim in this highly subjective sport. The whole "cherry pick" metaphor has been massively dented. Look back on these forums back after he came off of the Hatton victory in 2007. People were clamoring for him to fight Cotto/Margarito/Williams. He fought JMM, and people complained that he should fight Mosley who dismantled Margarito. He did so, and people weren't satisfied. He's ducking Cotto, he's ducking Pacquiao, if he had chosen not to fight Canelo, they would've thrown his name in the hat. He fought those guys and beat all of them. He gave rematches to people who legitimately deserved them.

I've said it COUNTLESS times and I'll say it again. If you were to copy/paste Mayweather's career from the last 8 years and tack it on ANY other fighter in the sport, he would garner a lot of credit. Mayweather beat the grand majority of fighters people wanted him to fight, including Pacquiao. Give the man his due. You can't fight EVERY SINGLE threat that comes along. Every resumè has holes here and there.

Why doesn't Canelo fight Lara again considering how close it was?

Why didn't Ricky Hatton ever fight Junior Witter in Europe?

Why didn't Manny Pacquiao ever stick around 135 or 140 for a while to make his stake more significant there instead of fighting Joshua Clottey and Antonio Margarito?

Considering the fighters he's beaten (former/current world champions) and with relative ease, Mayweather will go down as one of the best fighters in history. Unfortunately, his personality and ill conceived notion that he "runs" will not be removed by his ignorant detractors. You can't fight every single significant fighter at today's slowed down pace at the higher levels and expect to not burn out. His resumé is spectacular at best and respectable at worst.

Lastly, while his "0" is NOT what makes him a great fighter, it IS a feather in his cap considering the gauntlet of fighters he's taken on and still managed to escape unscathed.

Comment

Working...
                      X