Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy inks Extension with Lucas Matthysse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after thinking about this a bit, something tells me the deal might be Lucas signs extension, and Oscar gets him a title-shot in one of his next two fights

and now that Bob and Oscar are working together, wouldn't be shocked if Lucas was able to land a fight with the winner of Crawford vs Algieri, or Lucas vs Ruslan winner gets Crawford vs Algieri

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
      after thinking about this a bit, something tells me the deal might be Lucas signs extension, and Oscar gets him a title-shot in one of his next two fights

and now that Bob and Oscar are working together, wouldn't be shocked if Lucas was able to land a fight with the winner of Crawford vs Algieri, or Lucas vs Ruslan winner gets Crawford vs Algieri
      Imo Bob will hold off on Crawford v Matthysse as long as possible, Crawford is his new cash cow. If Bob is going to allow Crawford to face a killer it will be Pacquiao.

What I didn't get reading about the article was the mention of Showtime and Espinoza and there supposedly being a "delicate situation". Maybe Haymon still has some influence.

Comment

Put it on the Mayweather-Pacquiao undercard. Let everybody eat.

Comment

Interesting. Obviously Haymon had to approve this given the contract he has with fighters. Either this means Haymon is still open to working with GBP, or more likely that he was happy not to match his guys with Matthysse in the future.

Comment

Oh god, please give us Matthysse vs Provo.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              Oh god, please give us Matthysse vs Provo.
              Oscar seemed to be hinting it might have to be on Showtime.

De La Hoya said he would talk to both HBO and Showtime -- which both have televised Matthysse's bouts -- about his next fight.

"It all depends on who he fights. For instance, maybe we make a deal with Ruslan Provodnikov's promoter (Banner Promotions) to do a fight," De La Hoya said. "My understanding is Provodnikov has a first/last (contract position) with HBO. But we also have to keep in mind that Stephen Espinoza at Showtime has been showcasing Lucas Matthysse on his network, so it's a very delicate situation. We'll explore all options, but he's definitely going to fight in March."
              Wtf is a "first/last contract position"?

Comment

I thought this news meant for sure we'd get matt-prov, but after reading the posts i'm not so sure. C'mon Oscar you promised that if you were free of Haymon you would give us the fights we wanted... wtf...

Comment

he still a haymon fighter. if lucas make money, haymon make money and im sure hes fine with that. Even if he fight for gbp and not pbc, its not hard for haymon to feed him a bum or two. Like someone said, it also frees up haymon from maneuvering his fighters away from lucas without saying it.

I think hes in a good place right now. this guy got ties to everything. he signed to gbp but it almost like hes a free agent. can fight with tr, gbp but he also tied to haymon who maybe in the future can put him in with his fighters. you never know. if the money is there and haymon gets a really good deal, then lucas vs Garcia for example is still a possible ppv probably promoted by gbp on showtime.

Comment

well this is interesting. i much rather have seen lucas against haymon fighters though

Comment

Working...
                    X