No announcement yet.

Canelo Alvarez vs. Keith Thurman Possible For 2013

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo Alvarez vs. Keith Thurman Possible For 2013

thurman ( 19-0-0, 18KO) was matched against former world champion, carlos quintana (29-4-0, 22KO) of puerto rico on the undercard of the guerrero-berto fight. thurman showcased his massive punching power. he is promoted by GBP. thurman’s win puts him as an up an comer of the 147 lbs division. it would be interesting to see how golden boy will handle his next fights.

they can match thurman against their cash cow, canelo at 154 (that is if a CW is not possible). i think thurman would pose a deadly risk for guerrero, and canelo is someone who can match thurman's power and make it more competitive. thurman might even be able to beat canelo.

it's close and hard to call, but that's what makes it a good fight.

your thoughts?

I think they're gonna let that marinate a bit. I think Canelo is getting into big fights now as Thurman is still proving himself though he did beat a good name in Quintana, though quite passed it.

Comment

This would be a great action fight but I don't think it will be made, GBP is trying to get Canelo into mega fights, Thurman is just making a name or himself. Plus, Thurman would have to jump up to 154 for the shot.

Comment

I was thinking about this fight last night. It should happen. At this point it would probably be both fighter's best win or Canelo's second best win. Definitely Thurman's best.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
          I think they're gonna let that marinate a bit. I think Canelo is getting into big fights now as Thurman is still proving himself though he did beat a good name in Quintana, though quite passed it.
          Are you kidding?..you want to tell me that canelo is going to avoid the part of prove himself?..how is that thruman have to still prove himself and canelo not...boxing fans..

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            This would be a great action fight but I don't think it will be made, GBP is trying to get Canelo into mega fights, Thurman is just making a name or himself. Plus, Thurman would have to jump up to 154 for the shot.
            He just fought at JMW against Quintana.

Comment

Jumping the gun eh. GBP isn't making Thurman vs. Canelo come the hell on.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                thurman ( 19-0-0, 18KO) was matched against former world champion, carlos quintana (29-4-0, 22KO) of puerto rico on the undercard of the guerrero-berto fight. thurman showcased his massive punching power. he is promoted by GBP. thurman’s win puts him as an up an comer of the 147 lbs division. it would be interesting to see how golden boy will handle his next fights.

they can match thurman against their cash cow, canelo at 154 (that is if a CW is not possible). i think thurman would pose a deadly risk for guerrero, and canelo is someone who can match thurman's power and make it more competitive. thurman might even be able to beat canelo.

it's close and hard to call, but that's what makes it a good fight.

your thoughts?
                They can't match Thurman with Canelo...
                That fight would be waaaay to soon for Keith Thurman he hasn't fought anybody really notable to be worth a mention in the same breath as Canelo.
                Thurman's sheer punching power is not in question he packs a punch and looks really big for the division but going from Carlos Quintana to a top fighter like Canelo is just way to much of a step up he needs to fight someone like Gabriel Rosado before he even contemplated making such a step up.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed
                  Do you think Canelo has a problem fighting a smaller fighter?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Cant see it happening just yet, but you never know. If they cant find a suitable opponent for Canelo or there is a breakdown in negotiating a fight with someone else, then maybe.

I like Thurman, he is raw and I wouldnt pick him over Canelo at this stage, but he reminds me a bit of Foreman in the first phase of his career. He really can punch hard and has a fan friendly style. Hope he does well.

Comment

Working...
                    X