Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me name the active genuine boxer punchers.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me name the active genuine boxer punchers.

I'm talking bout those fundimentaly sound fighters that posses the ko power.

I know Mikey Garcia is 1. I'm really not sure of the others currently, help a bushman out please.

mike jones is one. erislandy lara is another.

Comment

Broner, Gary Russel Jr, Edwin Rodriguez, Morales...Kell Brook, Vanes, Trout...
      Last edited by kiaba360; 04-01-2012, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        Broner, Gary Russel Jr, Edwin Rodriguez, Morales...
        i think broners more of a counterpuncher and while morales was a boxer puncher, im not sure if he still count.

Comment

Cotto, Canelo, Pirog, Benavidez, Dulorme.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            mike jones is one. erislandy lara is another.
            I don't think Lara qualifies as a puncher.

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            Broner, Gary Russel Jr, Edwin Rodriguez, Morales...Kell Brook, Vanes, Trout...
            I wouldn't classify Broner as a fundimentally sound fighter. He's more like Jones & Floyd. With blazing speed & athlethisizm that allows his flaws to go unblemished.

Kell Brook & Maybe Trout are good choices though. Morrales prime was definately the poster boy for a boxer puncher, now not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              Cotto, Canelo, Pirog, Benavidez, Dulorme.
              Canelo, nah, he's more of a straight forward plodder power puncher type.

Cotto has the ability to be a boxer puncher. Pirog to an extent.

Dulorme definately fits the bill, can't believe I forgot him, shame on me.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                i think broners more of a counterpuncher and while morales was a boxer puncher, im not sure if he still count.
                I kinda hesitated to put Broner on there cuz of that tendency to sit back and counter, but he does play between both styles. Sometimes he'll sit back, and other times he'll go forward behind a jab trying to go for the KO cuz he is quick enough to push the pace. But like Bushbaby said, he doesn't do things by the book. Maybe later on he'll develop into one.

Who else...Andy Lee, Quillin??
                Last edited by kiaba360; 04-01-2012, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  I don't think Lara qualifies as a puncher.

I wouldn't classify Broner as a fundimentally sound fighter. He's more like Jones & Floyd. With blazing speed & athlethisizm that allows his flaws to go unblemished.

Kell Brook & Maybe Trout are good choices though. Morrales prime was definately the poster boy for a boxer puncher, now not so much.
                  lara is as much a puncher as garcia

Comment

With the help of you guys so far besides Mikey, I've added Russel, Cotto, Brook for sure. Also Dulorme He's exiting isnt he!!

I'm still not sold on Broner & Pirog as boxer-punchers by defination.

Comment

Working...
                    X