Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much was charles Martin paid to lay down and sit and not get back up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$6million- Hearn said they couldn't get better fights on the undercard due to Martin getting paid so much. It was a 60-40 split in his favour.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
      Yep. If he had any sense he wouldn't fight again and get that money sensibly invested.
      If he comes back within less than a year I would think it's because he loves the sport. If he really loves the sports he's going to want to redeem himself because that fight was embarrassing especially considering the fact that he came out in purple velvet robes.

Comment

A poster on here claimed he was paid $8.5M not sure if that was true or not.

Comment

Presumably, he only took home half the purse due to tax? I think the tax rate is 45%.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
            $6million- Hearn said they couldn't get better fights on the undercard due to Martin getting paid so much. It was a 60-40 split in his favour.

That seems like a more realistic payday. Not the $8.5M that was quoted last week by one poster here.

Comment

Presumably, he only took home half the purse due to tax? I think the tax rate is 45%.
              50% as far as i know.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
                If he comes back within less than a year I would think it's because he loves the sport. If he really loves the sports he's going to want to redeem himself because that fight was embarrassing especially considering the fact that he came out in purple velvet robes.
                Have you ever seen anything more ridiculous?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  50% as far as i know.
                  *shrugs*

I thought those naughty Tories lowered it for their rich friends.

Comment

Have you ever seen anything more ridiculous?

Steve Plunger on the pull?

Comment

Originally posted by Beyonce Bomber View Post
                      Steve Plunger on the pull?
                      Good shout!

What say you Steve plunger? Did Martin borrow some of your gear?

Comment

Working...
                      X