Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson Wants to Face Smith in NY; 4/29 Negotiations Ongoing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Smith Jr has a lot of options. I think that's great, he should be able to make life changing money in his next fight if he plays his cards right.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      Again, you are all acting as if this guy has a future in boxing. He doesn't. Why would anyone wanna protect him or build him up? If you win, you win huge. If you lose, you will get another offer somewhere else.
      Depends on which way you go. A Seanie Monoghan fight does good business in New York and could headline an HBO BAD card. A Mike Lee fight could headline a PBC ESPN card. Put him in there with guys like Thomas Williams Jr, Edwin Rodriguez, Michael Seals, Craig Baker and let him keep growing. He'll never be a technically proficient fighter but he can improve before getting fed to the sharks.

Comment

Again, you are all acting as if this guy has a future in boxing. He doesn't. Why would anyone wanna protect him or build him up? If you win, you win huge. If you lose, you will get another offer somewhere else.

Do u also wanna see Gervonta Davis fight Lomachenko next ?

Comment

fonfara was NOT robbed vs stevenson he lot 8 or 9 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
            So still ducking his mandatory Alvarez? Smith seems much easier to figure out/beat than Alvarez. This clown needs to retire.
            alvarez offered bute and pascal a fight way before the wbc mandated anything...he got the approval of the wbc to make the fight..adonis was ready to figth him last year.. alvarez wants purposeful fights that get him ready and to max out his dollar..bute does that

Comment

After losing to Fonfara, I wouldn't be surprised if he lost to Smith Jr too.
              get off the crack..watch the fights..fonfara won maybe 4 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
                Why would Smith wanna derail his career when it's just starting? Who's advising this guy, Lester Diamond ?
                do u know how deep the lhw division is? sean mon will alwasy be there for a ny scrap...shots at the lineal title dont come daily..has to go for the gold.

Comment

???

He has nothing to lose and everything to gain. You sound like one of these cats who wants fighters to fight TBA's after winning big fights.

Win or lose, he will get another offer to fight again on HBO or even Showtime.
                  i about lost my **** reading that comment..it took everything in me not to call him dumb as fug

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
                    And u sound like one of the those guys who don't know the difference between the likes of a Stevenson/Kovalev vs a Fanfara/50 year old Hopkins type caliber fighter.

Let's not compare apples to cucumbers. While its unacceptable for someone of Danny Garcia's caliber to attempt to fight cans every time, it's understandable for a new comer like Smith to be allowed to develop before fighting Stevenson who's arguably the very best at 175

Furthermore, he has a lot to lose as he's had a meteoric rise since being the 1st to stop Hopkins and upsetting Fanfara. Why take the wind out of his sail so early?
                    adonis is 40, ppl lie a lot and say he's chinny...why tf should a prime strong fighter be scared to get in the ring and go for the biggest prize vs a so called declining champ...

i guess he should work his way up fightin beterbievs for no belts...u're the lester diamond and dont even know it

Comment

Of course he is. I hope Smith isn't a bone head and signs on but he probably will. He'll go from something to nothing as soon as Chicken lands his left uppercut. Smith's people ought to bring him along more slowly than that, but that's boxing. Why make a long term investment when you can get the quick money? Stupid move, but maybe Joe will be able to get a good check or hopefully, land a big punch and drop that loser. Hell, at least he would fight Ward, Kovalev or Beterbiev or Jack and any other 175 pounder without any games.

Comment

Working...
                      X