No announcement yet.

Cotto must really want the Mayweather fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cake_cake_cake View Post
    Andy Lee in MSG would be decent. He could always fight Golovkin but I doubt he will take that fight.
    cotto aint trying to see andy lee, lee will kill em.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckfever View Post
      Because he walked away from Canelo which would have been the next best money fight for him, but more than that there really isn't anything else for him now. Canelo is now tied up if he doesn't get Floyd what else is there for him that comes close to those 2 fights?
      Until the proposed terms become know, you can't honestly state that Cotto walked away from the next best money, especially with the way the ultimatum was laid out in the press and my doubts with Canelo being willing to take short money.

40/60 for a Canelo fight, 25/75 for a Mayweather fight, or 80/20 for a Golovkin fight? Cotto has plenty of options, without any beholdence to any real date (though he'd like to fight the weekend of PR Day parade), so there was no urgency on his part

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Until the proposed terms become know, you can't honestly state that Cotto walked away from the next best money, especially with the way the ultimatum was laid out in the press and my doubts with Canelo being willing to take short money.

40/60 for a Canelo fight, 25/75 for a Mayweather fight, or 80/20 for a Golovkin fight? Cotto has plenty of options, without any beholdence to any real date (though he'd like to fight the weekend of PR Day parade), so there was no urgency on his part
        It's a good point on Golovkin, he probably would make concenssions on the split to increase his brand. I find it a reach to think that Cotto takes that fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
          cotto vs lara would be interesting
          Cotto gets picked apart in that fight imo, very bad matchup for him.

Comment

I think all this will backfire on cotto. Canelo vs Kirkland is official and I really believe Floyd will announce the pacquiao fight on super bowl Sunday. I also believe GGG will rout Murray next month and will call out cotto for a fight in May or June at msg. If cotto doesn't fight GGG in the summer and fights a soft touch he won't hear the end of it...especially since GGG is the mandatory for the wbc and lineal title

Comment

Originally posted by Buckfever View Post
              It's a good point on Golovkin, he probably would make concenssions on the split to increase his brand. I find it a reach to think that Cotto takes that fight though.
              If the money's right and the opportunity big enough, I honestly see Cotto fighting anyone, anywhere, on any network. If the money isn't right, I don't see Cotto ever stepping into the ring again.

Comment

Originally posted by cake_cake_cake View Post
                Andy Lee in MSG would be decent. He could always fight Golovkin but I doubt he will take that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
                  If Mayweather fights Pacquiao, I think Cotto fights Tim Bradley
                  Yeah I can totally see that.. Arum has mentioned that fight before,, easy work for cotto and Bradley will get paid and can save face since he would be up in weight

Comment

can't blame him. he gets more money for less risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Rostov Papa View Post
                      Unless Floyd is offering to give up a lot more money than he normally does, Cotto would have made more against Canelo.

Because in that fight, he'd have gotten 50%. He probably wanted a higher percentage, and that's why hte fight didn't happen.

Not to mention, Roach knows Canelo would steamroll Cotto, and was whispering in his ear not to take the fight (unless of course he got an exorbitant amount of money)...

Cotto prolly would have ended up making 10, maybe even 15 mllion if the Cnaelo fight sold really well.

Against Floyd, he'll prolly be guaranteed something like 5-8 million, and might crack 10.

And Roach knows while Cotto loses to Floyd badly too, he won't get KTFO'd and his standing ruined. Becuase losing a wide decision again to Floyd will still kee him relevant for a Canelo fight, or other bigger fights.

But if he got mollywhopped by Canelo, which he almost certainly would have, his value would decline, and he'd have to go back on regular HBO or Showtme for some more Austin Trout fights... Oh wait, he got beat there too, didn't he? Oh dear... Delvin Rodriguez, then?
                      How can anybody take this guys posts seriously? Lol

Beating Floyd would mean more then beating Canelo.
                      Last edited by Lords; 01-26-2015, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X