Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I told you guys Khan did not deserve to fight Floyd!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    I just thought, at his age, 35 coming 36 and the fact he's slowing down that Khan's speed, reach and jab might give him some issues.

I still thought Mayweather would win but I thought Khan was a guy who would give him problems.

I was certainly wrong on that one, very wrong.
    He probably still would, styles make fights. I dont see an overly aggressive Khan comming into a Mayweather fight. I also dont see Floyd winging bombs at Khans head all night. That said Khan has showed twice now, that any problems he possibly could provide would have solutions by the 3rd or 4th rd.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Floyd would flatten Khan.

flatten?

who has floyd ever gone out and beat up? especially lately?
      arturo gatti, diego corrales?
      i'm perhaps missing an unadulterated ass kicking, but those are the two that have stayed in my mind. they fight nothing like khan.

that is not how mayweather jr fights. just because you had the opportunity to see danny garcia knock khan out that doesnt mean he'd get flattened by floyd mayweather if they fought on the same night.

floyd would wait for his spots to shoot punches back after he blocks / deflects khan's flurries. it would take a while.

to assume that floyd would fight out of character just because it's amir khan is wrong. especially considering that khan wouldn't have yet lost to garcia via stoppage.

if mayweather took him as a tune up in his next fight after getting out of jail? yeah, he might flatten him. he's coming off of a stoppage loss.
      Last edited by New England; 07-15-2012, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        which fights are these? i dont think any of the fighters at 154 have done nearly enough to earn a fight with floyd. the closest being lara and molina. to me its sergio or nothing.
        Not fighters that have earned it, just guys I would love to see get in a ring with Floyd. I'm not talking realistic options here, just guys I would love to see Floyd fight.

Comment

I just thought, at his age, 35 coming 36 and the fact he's slowing down that Khan's speed, reach and jab might give him some issues.

I still thought Mayweather would win but I thought Khan was a guy who would give him problems.

I was certainly wrong on that one, very wrong.
          I thought the same thing too, especially after he fought Judah.

Comment

• At this point, Lara and Martinez are the only worthy challengers out there to beat Floyd.

Comment

• The only fight that's realistic to a degree and that I'm genuinely interested in for Mayweather is Martinez at this point.

There is a handful of ok, solid fights at best out there for him.

But real legacy enhancers, it's Martinez.

Comment

• Ive been saying it for more than a year that khan would be one of the few I would pick floyd to win by KO. Maybe now after seeing floyds agressive style his last few fights and khan stopped yet again that others will agree.

Comment

The only fight that's realistic to a degree and that I'm genuinely interested in for Mayweather is Martinez at this point.

There is a handful of ok, solid fights at best out there for him.

But real legacy enhancers, it's Martinez.
                  I used to think Floyd would beat him but he just doesn't look good above 147 with those 10 Oz gloves, let alone 160. Because of the serious size and power advantages I'd have to favor Martinez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                    At this point, Lara and Martinez are the only worthy challengers out there to beat Floyd.
                    I don't even want Floyd to lose. I didn't want Ortiz to get his jaw wrecked & I didn't want Khan to do the chicken dance. All I want is for the top fighters in the sport to fight.

Floyd-Pacman-Martinez. The consensus top 3 pfp fighters. All have been champs at 154. Floyd & Martinez have competed there on a high level, they can put on the fight that the sport needs. But who's actually willing to fight. If it was up to Martinez we all know we'd see the fight. Floyd is the fighter with the power to make this fight. **** ginger and all the other no hopers, this fight is Hearns Leonard right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                      flatten?

who has floyd ever gone out and beat up? especially lately?
                      arturo gatti, diego corrales?
                      i'm perhaps missing an unadulterated ass kicking, but those are the two that have stayed in my mind. they fight nothing like khan.

that is not how mayweather jr fights. just because you had the opportunity to see danny garcia knock khan out that doesnt mean he'd get flattened by floyd mayweather if they fought on the same night.

floyd would wait for his spots to shoot punches back after he blocks / deflects khan's flurries. it would take a while.

to assume that floyd would fight out of character just because it's amir khan is wrong. especially considering that khan wouldn't have yet lost to garcia via stoppage.

if mayweather took him as a tune up in his next fight after getting out of jail? yeah, he might flatten him. he's coming off of a stoppage loss.

Floyd isnt a KO artist but he is accurate and Khan isnt hard to hit and he isnt durable. Look at the way floyd has fought his last 3 fights, all against guys who are bigger than floyd and a lot bigger than khan. If floyd fought Khan like he did Mosley, Ortiz and Cotto, he would stop him.

Comment

Working...
                      X