Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timothy Bradley and Ariza side with the fans and industry alike, Abril was robbed.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timothy Bradley and Ariza side with the fans and industry alike, Abril was robbed.

TIMOTHY BRADLEY: "DON'T WORRY FANS...I'M NOT BLIND TO WHAT THIS SPORTS BRINGS"
    By Felix Strunk | April 15, 2012

Last night, fans and industry insiders alike were outraged at the fact that former lightweight champion Brandon Rios was handed a split decision victory over Richard Abril despite the fact that he was seemingly dominated over the course of 12 rounds. Immediately following the bout, reactions of anger and disgust began pouring in to social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook. Perhaps the most interesting statement came from undefeated jr. welterweight contender Timothy Bradley, who commented, "Don't worry fans im not blind to what this sport brings, however I am training for the win. In with the new out with the old."

Bradley is currently in training for a June 9th showdown with 8-division world champion Manny Pacquiao, one of the two biggest names in the sport. No stranger to controversial decisions, Pacquiao himself is coming off of a majority decision victory over Juan Manuel Marquez in a fight that many believe Marquez really won. The fact that Brandon Rios, like Pacquiao, is a Top Rank fighter and was somehow awarded the decision against Abril now has many skeptical about Bradley's chances of getting a fair shake on the scorecards. In fact, even Pacquiao's own strength & conditioning coach, Alex Ariza, suggested that the only reason Rios was awarded the victory was because promoter Bob Arum is hoping to match him against Pacquiao in the near future. "Of coures he Won, TR doesnt want to give up that 50K. Bob wants him to fight Pacquiao," Ariza would post on his official Twitter page.

Bradley himself seemed to agree that Abril was clearly robbed of the victory, stating, "Really???!!! are you kidding me, someone tell me why Rios deserved that gift," and telling former champion Kendall Holt that "they robbed Abril and gave it to Rios" and "not a good fight but worst decusion" during a back-and-forth conversation. Nevertheless, he's seems confident that the same thing won't happen should his fight with Pacquiao go the distance. Judging from last night's scoring, however, he might want to make sure his fists are the judges come June 9th if he hopes to pull off the upset.

http://fighthype.com/pages/content12183.html

Interesting that Ariza says that Arum wants Rios to fight Pacquaio. Does that mean that if Rios -vs- JMM went to the cards, Rios would have been awarded the win, even if JMM beat him 12 rounds to 0.

Comment

Poor Tim Bradley. I guess they all think they are different.

Comment

lol, only way bradley wins is if he beaheads pacquiao. no chance he gets a decision. same with cotto.

Comment

Bradley knows the deck is stacked against him but how is he gonna get a stoppage with his feather fists? A well placed heabutt?

Comment

Bradley is getting an L on his record. He isn't knocking out Pacquiao. Good luck getting a decision.

Comment

id rahter rob someone then duck them puto bradley

Comment

My prediction is that Bradley will outwork Pacquiao and get robbed on the cards. I mean there's many factors to this, Bradley is a young American on the Top Rank stable. Will Arum try to Jew him or will he attempt to build him into a star? Can you imagine if Bradley beats Pacquiao and the Pac-Man once again gets another gift in another high profile match? That would be disastrous to him and his legacy.

Comment

Brandon wasnt gonna get the 50K anyway, because he aint make weight. But before they even think of puttin him in the ring with Pac or JMM, he needs to get in the ring with Mike Alvarado @ 140.

Comment

Originally posted by Discipline View Post
                    Interesting that Ariza says that Arum wants Rios to fight Pacquaio. Does that mean that if Rios -vs- JMM went to the cards, Rios would have been awarded the win, even if JMM beat him 12 rounds to 0.
                    Dude Ive said this TWICE today. JMM is not with Top Rank anymore, he's with Zanfer. If that **** went to the cards he will be given the gift decision to face Pacquiao then Pacquiao will be robbed too since he's coming close to his retirement. That would make Rios the next BIG THING then he'll be fighting ****ty and shot opposition like Pacquiao been doing lately cause he can't handle any top name out there.

I disagree with Top Rank not wanting to give up the 50k. I am sure they did give it up BUT TO THE FKIN JUDGES. It is crystal clear what Top Rank and Bob Arum are doing.

I think Gamboa knows something we don't and did what he did. Imagine Rios was given the decision vs Gamboa, how BIG would that make him? To then fight JMM and Pacquiao and possibly winning all 3 via gift decision. What Mexican fighter Top Rank has out there as big as Rios? Fanbase wise.

Comment

Working...
                    X