No announcement yet.

Its John Lennon's birthday today!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    Run along Junior and listen to your Justin Bieber crap.....the adults are listenting to REAL music.

Poet
    Hi Antifa,

How many strikes/differing opinions does it take before being banned from the History section?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperVillain View Post
      a shame that over-familiarity, lionization, sanctification and pedestalization has obscured the singularity of his art, pretty much.

and so inspired...

...pockets of knee-jerk iconoclasm.
      It goes with the territory.

We can’t all worship at the same shrine.

Comment

He sucked, so what?

Comment

Originally posted by Gotteskrieger View Post
          It goes with the territory.

We can’t all worship at the same shrine.
          why go to either extreme just for the sake of it?

lennon was a godless goofball, pretty much. i don't dig him that much as a guy. but he was a fine artist. not the only fine artist who ever lived, but certainly one.

if you're familiar with his extensive body of work and are basing your words purely on that, fair enough. i wouldn't even argue that he's not overrated (although, I'd say overcredited).

Comment

I don't think I can ever appreciate The Beatles because of their close association with Hindus.

So I'll just say this... he was aight for a white guy.

Comment

and yes... a shame that over-familiarity, lionization, sanctification and pedestalization has obscured the singularity of his art, pretty much.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                I don't think I can ever appreciate The Beatles because of their close association with Hindus.
                lmao, bro - it made for a handful of nice musical experiments, but the eastern mysticism BS the group (and other groups around that time) became associated with was Gay as hell. lennon pretty much shot it down in 'sexy sadie', http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexy_Sadie, but george kept the flame of maharishi-loving Gayness burning for years after.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperVillain View Post
                  lmao, bro - it made for a handful of nice musical experiments, but the eastern mysticism BS the group (and other groups around that time) became associated with was Gay as hell. lennon pretty much shot it down in 'sexy sadie', http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexy_Sadie, but george kept the flame of maharishi-loving Gayness burning for years after.

wtf ?!

Dirty Mahirishi. Typical Indian behaviour towards women.

George always came over as the p*ssy of the group. Paul is my favourite. Ringo, just ugly and talentless.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post

wtf ?!

Dirty Mahirishi. Typical Indian behaviour towards women.

George always came over as the p*ssy of the group. Paul is my favourite. Ringo, just ugly and talentless.

beats the usual fawning beatles related threads.

i agree. george was a wet-end, and his worst contributions to the fabs are the most canonized. 'something' is pure muzak, revolting. 'while my guitar...', overrated, maudlin dirge. a legit beauty like 'long long long', on the other hand, gets relatively little play for being about a million times better than either.

Comment

Originally posted by Gotteskrieger View Post
                      Hi Antifa,

How many strikes/differing opinions does it take before being banned from the History section?
                      Hi Heydrich,

Why don't you go make some racist posts in there and find out?

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X