Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just had a nice piece of Mackerel.........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found a red gurnard at the supermarket yesterday, and gutted and broiled it up for lunch.

Comment

Salmon rub olive oil, garlic, salt and lemon pepper into the fish wrap in tin foil squeeze lemon onto it and grill it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
        Salmon rub olive oil, garlic, salt and lemon pepper into the fish wrap in tin foil squeeze lemon onto it and grill it.
        The olive oil rub with fresh garlic is always a nice technique.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
          The olive oil rub with fresh garlic is always a nice technique.
          I miss living in Portland Or. The seafood was fresh and cheap Vegas on the other hand.

Comment

I miss living in Portland Or. The seafood was fresh and cheap Vegas on the other hand.
            I've lived in Portland, as well as San Francisco. Japan is #1 for fresh seafood though out of the places I've lived, as well as for variety by quite a long shot. Busan, S. Korea was also really nice (never lived there, just visited).

Based on what a guy posted in this thread before, the Philippines must be amazing.

Comment

I've lived in Portland, as well as San Francisco. Japan is #1 for fresh seafood though out of the places I've lived, as well as for variety by quite a long shot. Busan, S. Korea was also really nice (never lived there, just visited).

Based on what a guy posted in this thread before, the Philippines must be amazing.
              I completely believe this. Id love to get some caribbean seafood opinions though.

Comment

I completely believe this. Id love to get some caribbean seafood opinions though.
                The New England area also seems really good. The Caribbean, I agree must be amazing. Many great seafood places, to be sure. I think the US Pacific regions are pretty nice though.

Comment

The New England area also seems really good. The Caribbean, I agree must be amazing. Many great seafood places, to be sure. I think the US Pacific regions are pretty nice though.
                  Yeah west coast has good seafood.

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
                    My fav type of fish is puzy n I eat it RAW...........
                    same here, love to slurp it.

Comment

By the way, when gutting fish always be careful, at least if it's a fish like the red gurnard I posted. I enjoy cooking, but I'm no expert in working with fish. In every kitchen in Japan though there are these really convenient broilers which are small, but big enough to fit most fish. I guess I'll just post a photo.

So when I buy whole fish, I usually just cut the belly open and rip out all the guts and throw it in the broiler.

The fish I had yesterday apparently had to take a shit, when it was caught, because when I squeezed it to try to get a good grip before cutting the belly open some shit was coming out. Wasn't an issue, and I proceeded to cut it open, and ripped out the guts (though I quite accidentally, though quite fortunately, left the liver, as you can see from the photo I posted). After I had basically cleaned it out, there was one stubborn organ left which I couldn't get by just pulling on it. I almost left it, thinking that some fish organs are good eating, I just don't ever know which ones, and maybe this was one of the good ones (Very amateurish, I know.)

Luckily, I then thought better of this, and navigated my knife inside the fish and carefully cut the base and then ripped this organ out. It wasn't until then that I realized it was the intestines, as some shit squeezed out again. So I almost had broiled fish shit by accident.

Good learning experience. I'm sharing it with you guys just in case someone may profit from it.
                      Last edited by Drunken Cat; 10-28-2012, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X