• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao mail: Desperate times call for desperate measures

PACQUIAO MAIL: DESPERATE TIMES CALL FOR DESPERATE MEASURES
    By Ben Thompson | December 19, 2011
    http://fighthype.com/pages/content11396.html

FightHype's recent article regarding Pacquiao's newfound willingness to take a smaller purse than Floyd Mayweather sparked a ton of reaction, both good and bad, from the fans. The emails have not stopped pouring in as fans voice their opinion on whether or not Pacquiao's announcment was made for the sake of the fans or out of the need of money. Although I don't have all the answers, I do have an opinion, so check out what I had to say to inquiring minds who are buzzing about the topic.

What a bunch of haters you guys are in fighthype - Bryan

BT: I don't hate Manny Pacquiao at all. I've got nothing but respect for him as a fighter and a human being. I'm simply putting the truth out there in hopes of helping him get what he wants. Like I said in my article, it's admirable that he's willing to take a smaller purse, however, the idea of him doing that just to "please the fans" is laughable, especially when you consider how hard he fought to get more money in fights with Oscar De La Hoya and Ricky Hatton, when he wasn't considered quite as big of a star as he is now. Coming off of your most successful PPV event, you don't all of a sudden agree to take less money. That was a move made in desperation because he wants that fight, and more importantly the money, badly. More than likely, that was a knee-jerk comment that he made when he was lied to, probably by Koncz, and informed that it doesn't look like he'll get the Mayweather fight because Floyd is "asking for too much money". I guarantee you that Bob Arum would never agree to let Pacquiao take a smaller purse. I'm quite sure he wasn't happy when Pacquiao made that statement. When Manny Pacquiao is still fighting well past his prime because he needs the money just to make ends meet, don't say I didn't warn you. Heck, I can't even take credit for being the first one to warn you. That honor goes to Freddie Roach.

Hey ben, I think people are have misread the article about Pacquiao taking a less %, I think what he meant ishy is Mayweather wanting $100 million, and that he is willing to make it happen for a smaller purse as in 60-70 million a piece, he didnt mean smaller %. I feel by putting that article out there it might hurt the fight because when Floyd sees that it might massage his ego and will come to the negioating table wanting 60-40. please take it down because Pacquiao didn't say that I know your a little bias to Floyd since your good friends. but if he done 1.4 million buys with Marquez this fight aint going to happen less than 50-50. thank you. - A.I.

BT: I'll tell you what, if you can get Nick Giongco, the journalist who Manny told this to, to take his article down, then I'll gladly take mine down. Perhaps you didn't realize it, but Giongco from the Manila Bulletin was the first one to put the story out. In his article, he CLEARLY writes, "Pacquiao's pronouncement that he is giving Mayweather the lion's share of the pot only puts credence that he is moving heaven and earth to make it happen." Now, maybe I missed something, but didn't Nick just say that Pacquiao is giving Mayweather the lion's share of the pot? Does that not sound like he's taking the smaller purse? Furthermore, Arum's favorite writer, Michael Marley, wrote a similar article, and in it, he states, "Speaking to veteran journo Nick Giongco of the Manila Bulletin, he made a statement in Tagalog which was, in sum and substance: 'I will take less money than Mayweather gets because the important thing is making the fight happen.'" Please explain to me how my article is any different than the original source of the story, or what anyone else has been writing for that matter. I mean, maybe he didn't mean for it to come out that way, but that's what Giongco reported and I can only take his word for it since he's the one who Manny said it to. So like I said before, if you can get the original author of the news, as well as everyone else who reported on it, to take their stories down, then I'll take mine down as well. Deal?

Ben, We have not heard from you in awhile relative to the purported Superfight negotiations. When we do hear from you, it appears you are always defending Mayweather. And you argue it is Arum's fault for the failure to put together this fight.

There is no question you have allegiances to Mayweather and his Camp. There is nothing wrong with that and we are grateful for your access.

With that said, what are you doing to obtain and report objectively on information with respect to the negotiations? I just hope you can be objective and search for the truth as best you can - especially if it is confirmed that (as of today) Pac will take less of the purse and issues of blood testing are over. If this is true, what good reason is there for Mayweather to turn away. Will you confirm? Or will you facilitate the spin. Mayweather's camp has been quiet lately which suggests there may be careful consideration?

And Ben Thompson has been quiet. Will you be able to report fairly on the outcome and the nature negotiations? Will you tell us if you believe that Mayweather unreasonably turned away from the fight? I really hope so Ben. I really hope so. Merry Christmas. Best, Rick

BT: You obviously don't read FightHype on a daily basis because f you did, you would know that I just wrote an article today and I also write another one 5 days ago about the "non-negotiations", so I have no clue what you're talking about when you say that you haven't heard from me. As for what I'm doing to report objectively, well, I'm actually speaking to people in BOTH camps, which is more than anyone else can say. I don't think guys like Michael Marley or Nick Giongco are speaking to anyone in Mayweather's camp, but as you so astutely pointed out, I am. Furthermore, I also speaking to people in Pacquiao's camp, like Alex Ariza, and several other Team Pacquiao members. Not to mention, I've also been in constant contact with one of the investors that Arum is supposedly entertaining. Furthermore, I've been keeping up to date on Manny Pacquiao's financial status and tax issues ever since he tasked VisionQwest Resources Group to look into it before he fired them, so I think I'm more than qualified than anyone most to speak on information with respect to the negotiations. Can you name me anyone else who's talking to more people than I am? I know of a lot of writers who are just talking to Bob Arum, like Michael Marley, but name one that's actually talking to anyone in Mayweather's camp as well. What exactly are they doing to "obtain and report objectively on information with respect to the negotiations," or lack thereof? Also, keep in mind that Michael Marley is the same writer who openly admitted to being duped by Bob Arum in the past regarding the alleged "second round of negotiations" and the deadline that Arum imposed. Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice, shame on me...at least, I think that's what Marley should be saying to himself right now.

Ben Thompson HAS NOT been quiet at all. I've been telling you exactly what's been going on every step of the way...even before Arum has had an opportunity to spin any lies to the sheep who are too dump to realize that they're getting the wool pulled over their eyes. Mayweather hasn't turned away from anything because there's nothing to turn away from. Bob Arum is not negotiating with him. It's all a bunch of lies that Manny Pacquiao and his fans, like yourself, are being told. Merry Christmas.

Ben, Yes. I saw it today. Certainly my error in missing that. I readily admit that. But it is another typical criticism of Arum. I understand the gamesmanship involved in the negotiations. Arum is certainly guilty of it. But I just do not see the same level of skepticism levied against Team Mayweather. It just simply is not all on Arum. Manny could fight and lose to Floyd and make Arum a lot of money. And with the loss Manny could go on and still make Arum money. Mayweather's operation, selection of opponents and posturing is no different than Arum's. If you cannot concede that, then you are just biased. Thanks for a reply, Rick

BT: There's nothing to criticize or be skeptical about regarding Team Mayweather because no one is negotiating with them. Immediately after Pacquiao's victory over Marquez, Mayweather instructed Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer to reach out to Arum through retired federal judge Daniel Weinstein in order to begin negotiations. When Schaefer did that, Arum responded by saying they were NOT interested in negotiating a Mayweather fight (incidentally, I'm still hoping that Arum takes Schaefer up on that offer and gives him permission to release the email to the public). When Arum said that, that was the end of it. Everything done since then has just been Arum trying to make it look like he's making an effort to make the fight in order to keep Manny happy and quiet. Bob Arum knows that in order to negotiate the fight with Mayweather, it either has to be done through mediation with judge Weinstein, like they tried to do the first time back in 2009, or he has to speak with Al Haymon. It's very, very, VERY simple...and yet, Bob Arum has not done any of that. Every action that he's taken has been to fool Manny Pacquiao and fans like yourself. He's NOT negotiating directly with Floyd Mayweather. I know that for a FACT because I talk to Mayweather REGULARLY and he's told me as such. There's no bias in that at all. It's simply FACT. It's just, for whatever reason, you choose to believe whatever BS that Bob Arum feeds you. Furthermore, you choose to believe writers who are ONLY getting their information from Bob Arum. You call me biased, and yet, you still haven't told me the name of one writer who is actually speaking to members on both sides. You refuse to accept the FACT that I'm actually talking to members of Team Pacquiao, members of Team Mayweather, and even one of the investors. ALL of the information that these people have provided me only reinforces the TRUTH that I'm bringing to you, and yet, you refuse to believe it.

You're too much of a Pacquiao fan and a Mayweather hater to accept the truth. I personally don't hate either one. I have nothing but respect for both men and I've NEVER written anything negative about Manny Pacquiao. I always praise his good performances inside the ring. I never write stories about his transgressions outside the ring, like the rumors of infidelity. I NEVER talk about any of that stuff when it comes to Pacquiao. The ONLY people I expose are the very same people who appear to be taking advantage of the man you so staunchly defend. From the information that I've been told both on and off the record, in my opinion, Bob Arum and Michael Koncz are robbing Pacquiao blind and he will NEVER get the Mayweather fight because they want to keep him hungry, keep him dependent on them, and keep him fighting so they can keep ripping him off and getting richer in the process. If or when Pacquiao ends up being another sad boxing story, like the late great Alexis Arguello, make sure you revisit this email so you can realize that, all along, I was always speaking the TRUTH!

what a biased reporter you are.... now pacman comes down to make this fight happen, you call him desperate? just for info 1m usd is to 48m pesos.... and he's a congressman at that. now tell me who's richer in their own lands? tell your boss gaywether to backed up his filthy mouth - Vincent Magaso

BT: Once again, it's not bias; it's simply the truth. He absolutely is desperate to make the fight because he wants the money. It's got nothing to do with wanting to please the fans. If he was so eager to please the fans, he could have agreed to the 14-day cutoff that Mayweather's team first offered nearly two years ago when they tried to make the fight the first time. If he was so eager to please the fans, he would have never fought Shane Mosley when so many of his fans were against that fight. If he was so eager to please the fans, he would have never held out for more money in fights with Oscar De La Hoya and Ricky Hatton. It's not about the fans; it's about the money. And just for the record, "rich people broke" is a lot different than us ordinary folks being broke. He still has money, no doubt, but then again, he still has to ask for his promoter for advances prior to his fights, as was the case before the Marquez fight. Now, if he's as rich as you say he is in his own land, they why the heck is he asking for advances? Again, that's not bias; it's fact! If you're not in a financial bind, then there's no need to ask for advances.

******!!! Hey get off mayweather's dick you monkey! Pacquiao the GOAT is trying to make the fight happen! What's wrong with that! You have to understand marquez is the only boxer who knows how to fight southpaws but floydicaine has had troubles fighting southpaws. Styles make fights monkey! In the same way, no right handed boxers can beat mayweather except a pressure fighter like castillo. Castillo clearly beat mayweather. You're ****ing fake and all you said about pacquiao is a lie! Get the **** outta here! - Joaquin Roldan

BT: ******? Monkey? Oooooooo...you really shook me up there. LOL. There's absolutely nothing wrong with Manny Pacquiao wanting to make the fight. I commend him for that. The problem is that regardless of what he says, his own promoter is NOT going to make the fight. In fact, his own promoter has him running around making a fool of himself by saying things that aren't remotely true. Now go look in the mirror and slap yourself for 1) saying that Pacquiao is the GOAT, and 2) for saying that Marquez is "the only boxer" who knows how to fight southpaws.

Comment

he best thing manny could do for himself is sack arum he's been screwing manny for years

Comment

Some of those letters were absolutely pathetic. Fac fans are not only the worst boxing fans, they are the worst sports fans on the planet. They don't love the sport, they love Manny. I can't wait for Manny to retire so all these racist, ignorant, stupid, Pac fans can go with him. They don't love the sport. Fog hat?? Monkey?? What does that have to do with boxing?

Comment

Lol @ him soning those dudes.

It doesn't matter tho. That site is ran by someone that is black and not white or Mexican.

Comment

Pacquiao is a fraud.

Comment

Its funny that he says that he is spoke to everybody, when the only one only spoke to regarding the negotiations is Floyd..lol..

He said he was following the issue of Visionquest wherein the reality that he never talked to Pac, Arum, or any of the representative from Visionquest to even make an accurate assesment on the case.. His so called "sources" from Team Pac is Ariza (who is a conditioning coach), and news sources from the Philippines. He even went on to nitpick bits and pieces of the news from the Philippines to solidify his status as Floyd's pompom boy...lol..

By the way Pac has just donated 1 Million Dollars to flood victims.. You dont give way that much money if you are broke...And a person with half a sense would agree to that...
              Last edited by mikemurni; 12-19-2011, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                he best thing manny could do for himself is sack arum he's been screwing manny for years
                Manny obviously cannot sack Arum..

He didn't go anywhere after learning from VisionQuest that he didn't get paid for the Cotto fight...and is only worth a fraction of what he should be worth.

Arum told him to fire VQ and sit down somewhere...

Bob is holding something over Manny's head...that's plain to see.

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysOnTop View Post

He didn't go anywhere after learning from VisionQuest that he didn't get paid for the Cotto fight...and is only worth a fraction of what he should be worth.

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysOnTop View Post

Prove it or its just bull****

Comment

Working...
                    X