No announcement yet.

Which Top 160 pounders can Chavez beat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
    Most of them. He needs to set up his punches not just by imposing his size and rushing ,but using the jab more effectively. He does this and everyone at 160 will have problems.

Anyone that isn't elusive like Martinez will get hurt at 160, that's if he really stays there.
    I don't subscribe to that. Weight-draining has its advantages and disadvantages. He might out-weigh his opponents by 10lbs+, but his stamina/endurance/defense will suffer. He's almost incapable of avoiding shots, which is why he continues to rely on his chin/punch resistance. He has NO choice but to absorb punishment.

As for the OT, I would only favor Chavez over Proksa and Sturm. Proksa has the style/speed/heart, but the weight would probably be too much. Sturm doesn't have the work-rate/power to beat Chavez.

I favor Martinez/Golovkin/Quillin slightly, and everyone else is 50-50.

Chavez shouldn't get an immediate rematch with all these other fights available. Who in their right mind will bitch about Chavez/Golovkin?
    Last edited by kiaba360; 10-04-2012, 12:08 PM.

Comment

geale

sturm

proksa

ndam

macklin

and murray

i think he beats them. stops some of them, too. he's got a terrific chin and he's huge. on those grounds alone he will be a tough fight for the more ordinary middleweights of the world, which these guys are.

i'd pick the rest to beat him. we already know what the martinez fight looked like. pirog is basically a nonfactor and likely to be a never was, but he's a solid boxer and i have a hard time picking chavez against him. pirog is an odd case. he's done nothing in years now..

golovkin has a big chin, big punch, and even though he's not an experienced pro, he knows how to fight chavez best fight better than he does (throwing leather.)

quillin is pretty fast. he'd tag jr pretty easily in my eyes. if he can keep off of the ropes he'd win the rounds.

Comment

The ban stick must be a big fan of chavez he voted everyone on the damn list LMAO......

Comment

He can beat all of them

Comment

GGG beats the crap out of him.

Comment

Working...
            X