• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riddick Bowe's place in history

Where do you rate Riddick Bowe ? is he a Top 20 ATG

Originally posted by Galileo View Post
    He might sneak into a top 20 heavyweights of all time list.

His resume is not much to look at, but head to head a peak Bowe is a good match for any heavyweight in history.

Comment

Right next to the trash can where he threw his belt.

Comment

honestly speaking, he could sneak into the top 10 HW H2H. His win over prime Holyfield was pretty impressive as well but not much else.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
          Right next to the trash can where he threw his belt.

Bowe is one of the shuolda coulda woulda kings.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo View Post
            he could have been easily if he wasn't such a lazy slob. what a waste of talent

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
              honestly speaking, he could sneak into the top 10 HW H2H. His win over prime Holyfield was pretty impressive as well but not much else.
              Ive always wondered why bowe always avoided the biggest punchers in the division such as Morrison,,,Ruddock,,lewis,,Bruno etc. holyfield was probably the best puncher he faced and even he wasn't a big knockout guy and golota was the only guy his size that had ability and we saw how that went ( even tho bowe was well past it). I have a hunch rock newman saw something in bowe's chin that worried him. he was known as being chinny in the ams

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
                Ive always wondered why bowe always avoided the biggest punchers in the division such as Morrison,,,Ruddock,,lewis,,Bruno etc. holyfield was probably the best puncher he faced and even he wasn't a big knockout guy and golota was the only guy his size that had ability and we saw how that went ( even tho bowe was well past it). I have a hunch rock newman saw something in bowe's chin that worried him. he was known as being chinny in the ams
                Looking at the Golota fights especially the rematch(the record for amount of power punches absorbed by a heavyweight) I gotta believe Bowe had a tremendous chin as well as heart(though everybody knew about that already).

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                  Looking at the Golota fights especially the rematch(the record for amount of power punches absorbed by a heavyweight) I gotta believe Bowe had a tremendous chin as well as heart(though everybody knew about that already).
                  I don't think golota was that big a puncher tho. he was very strong but didn't have that real snap to put the lights out on you like the other guys I mentioned. he never knocked out a quality heavyweight and won most his bigger fights by decision or late tko. he dropped or hurt bowe several times but couldn't finish him and took the easy way out by fouling. bowe did show tremendous heart. will give him that but I don't think the golota fights proved for sure that he could have taken big shots from the other guys I mentioned. he may have but never proved it and he didnt have that great a defense. rock newman protected him

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
                    I don't think golota was that big a puncher tho. he was very strong but didn't have that real snap to put the lights out on you like the other guys I mentioned. he never knocked out a quality heavyweight and won most his bigger fights by decision or late tko. he dropped or hurt bowe several times but couldn't finish him and took the easy way out by fouling. bowe did show tremendous heart. will give him that but I don't think the golota fights proved for sure that he could have taken big shots from the other guys I mentioned. he may have but never proved it and he didnt have that great a defense. rock newman protected him
                    That's still a big heavyweight teeing off on him for many rounds with tons and tons of flush power punches landing. No heavyweight with a sub-granite chin could take that and still stay standing and keep fighting(untill Golota found a way out of the fights) it's just impossible. Besides, Evander packed a punch and couldn't dent Bowe in 3 fights aside from one knockdown. If he didn't fight the punchers because of Newman, then Newman underestimated Bowe's durability.

Comment

Working...
                    X