No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photo: Atwell Hits Mexico, Ready For Jhonny Gonzalez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photo: Atwell Hits Mexico, Ready For Jhonny Gonzalez

Undefeated Guyanese contender Clive "Punisher" Atwell arrived in Mexico, ready to for this Saturday's battle against World Boxing Council (WBC) featherweight champion Jhonny Gonzalez. The fight takes place in Acapulco, Guerrero. Atwell (12-0-1, 7 KOs) vs. Gonzalez (55-8, 47 KOs) will be carried by Televisa Deportes from the Acapulco Convention Center.

[Click Here To Read More]

Atwell in for a nasty surprise come fight night, Gonzalez is on a destructive path and he's the unfortunate foe in his way.

Comment

Yeah Jhonny wants the Mares rematch. He isn't letting this green kid get in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
        Yeah Jhonny wants the Mares rematch. He isn't letting this green kid get in the way.
        He wants the rematch as does half of Mares's fans but we might not get it. I read in a recent article that Mares might not even fight at 126 in his return bout. Supposedly he is walking at over 140 Lbs at the moment so it would be too much for him to reach 126 and still perform at an elite level, therefore Mares is looking for a catchweight. It also said that Mares is planning to move up to 130 here shortly.

I don't know what to think of this. I always wanted Mares to switch trainers since before his surprising knockout but Hunter wasn't my ideal trainer. Not only that but it seems as if Mares isn't really entertaining a rematch much anymore, as if he is ready to put EL Bombardero in the past and skip onto 130. I hope Mares looks good in his return and i wish Jhonny the best. Such a good fighter. If anything he should try getting Vetyeka vs Donaire winner. That would also be a very interesting match up.

Comment

Working...
        X