No announcement yet.

Khan looked short of ideas against Mccloskey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan looked short of ideas against Mccloskey

Prior to this fight, I was of the opinion that Amir Khan could pose Mayweather certain problems. I didn't think he could beat him, but looking at all the potential Mayweather opponents out there, I considered Khan to be one of the few that could stage a somewhat competitive fight against Floyd, courtesy of his hand and foot speed, and his jab.

Having watched tonight's fight however, I seriously doubt that this is the case. To be fair to Khan, McCloskey is an awkward fighter, has some slickness about him and is clearly difficult to pin down. But while Amir probably did win every round, he also looked less than convincing in doing so. And trust me on this: If you can't touch McCloskey with any regularity, there's simply no way you're gonna be competitive against Floyd. Also slightly troubling is the way in which Khan still occasionally rushes in with amateurish type combinations, which, against a higher calibre opponent, are just waiting to be exploited.

Having said all that, I still think the Bradley fight is highly competitive. Khan has the physical advantages whilst Bradley appears to be the better schooled boxer, at this point of their careers. I slightly favour Bradley, but wouldn't be surprised either way.
    Last edited by TouchyAndalou; 04-16-2011, 07:21 PM.
Working...
X