How would you rate Ward's resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you rate Ward's resume?

How would you rate Ward's resume?
    How good or bad would you say Ward's resume is? Just as a reminder, he's fought and beaten:

Froch
    Kessler
    Bika
    Abraham
    Green
    Dawson

I'd say it's very good. He's fought and beaten most of the top fighters in his weight class, many of them in dominant fashion. Unfortunately, I think he's missing a couple of good names in Bute and Andre Dirrell.

As it is, though, his resume is quite impressive, especially when you consider that he hasn't even had 30 fights yet.

Ward's #1 p4p, nobody's resume in recent yrs matches his

Comment

It was a good run that is getting awful far in the rear view mirror now~

Comment

Very efficient fighter. Of the Bhop mold. Just as exciting; hence his annoyance. Nothing personal.

Comment

Does anyone else think Ward could UD Stevenson?

Comment

A very good run from 2009-2011, he packed wins over Kessler, Abraham, Bika, and Froch. But since Froch, he hasn't had a very good or even good win in my book.

Dawson came down 7 lbs to a weight he hadn't been in 6 years, I don't rate that win like others.

He's about to turn 30 next February, and now he has like 4-5 good wins. He better get on the good foot.

Comment

Ward needs to move up to 175 in my opinion.

He could fight the potential Bute/Pascal winner, Stevenson, Kovalev/Cleverly winner, etc.

The only reason to stay at 168 would be to fight Groves, if he upsets Froch, which I doubt.

Those other up and comers at 168 will all get up to 175 eventually anyway. Rodriguez, DeGale, Groves, etc.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ward-Stieglitz, but I highly doubt that happens.

After Froch, I envisioned Ward as a guy who conquered 168, would move up and take over 175 for a few years, and could even possibly capture the Crusierweight title before his career was over. But I have my doubts now.

Comment

Ward's resume is one of the best in boxing. His and Mares' are 1a and 1b.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                  Does anyone else think Ward could UD Stevenson?
                  yep, and because he's run the table at 168 already, a move to 175 to fight for the title seems like the right one for him to make after a tuneup

Comment

I think Ward gets his due though, I mean the only fighter P4P better than him right now is Mayweather.

Mares is the really underrated one in my opinion.

Since 2010, he's beaten Darchinyan, Agbeko, Moreno, Ponce, and deserved a win over Perez too. And Mares-Ponce was a pick em' fight, and almost everyone thought Moreno would school him.

Comment

Working...
                    X