• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARigo! ...

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      lol If Rigo wins, the guy won't be back. It'll be like a two-fer. lol
      like in paneldeboxeo when juanma lost most of the puerto rican users that always talked about how juanma was so many levels above gamboa disappeared for a month lol some never came back

Comment

• Doniare is going to push his **** in

Comment

• Donaire was grandstanding this issue so much one would almost have to think he was looking for a last minute excuse to break the fight. Perhaps he wasn't aware of how he made that look. Perhaps he didn't care and he wanted out that bad.

He'll win the fight IMO, but I'm sure he's very uneasy about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
            Donaire was grandstanding this issue so much one would almost have to think he was looking for a last minute excuse to break the fight. Perhaps he wasn't aware of how he made that look. Perhaps he didn't care and he wanted out that bad.

I never really looked at it that way, to be honest. I'm usually skeptical of "ducking" claims, but you're right. The thing that first got me raised was Rachel Donaire's claim that the signature on the VADA paperwork wasn't Rigo's. There's video evidence that Guillermo in fact signed the paperwork, and Arum has stated he saw Rigo sign. Why would anyone in the Donaire camp make such a claim?

Comment

• Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
              Donaire was grandstanding this issue so much one would almost have to think he was looking for a last minute excuse to break the fight. Perhaps he wasn't aware of how he made that look. Perhaps he didn't care and he wanted out that bad.

Well instead of a lucrative fight against a mexican fighter in Mares, whose style would have created excitement, Donaire has to settle for a lesser known cuban fighter (with a worse resume) who is ultra defensive and will produce a dull fight win or lose.
              Last edited by Light_Speed; 02-27-2013, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                Well instead of a lucrative fight against a mexican fighter in Mares, whose style would have created excitement, Donaire has to settle for a lesser known cuban fighter (with a worse resume) who is ultra defensive and will produce a dull fight win or lose.
                Actually, the only "ultra-defensive" version of Rigo you ever saw was in the second half of the Cordoba fight. We all know Guille is a counter-puncher by nature, but he's usually fairly active. I would describe Rigo as being economical and precise. These aren't euphemisms, by the way; Guillermo is entertaining to watch if you can appreciate a certain style.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by jtcs1981

She took Rigo's comments of chino and turn them into a racist comments. Without even considering the context of what it was said in another language. You cant translate from spanish to english without understanding the culture and the real meaning of what was said. I know it is wrong for all latinos to call asian, chino, but it is not trying to be racist like Rachel interpreted it.

Also, I'm not cuban, but Rigo use of Chivaton in that context does not translate to snitch. It seems like he is telling Nonito that he talks and lies too much.

It's not just the fact that he called a japanese Chino, it's the fact that he said "he couldn't see" because of the slanted eyes. Now that's racist.
                  no it isnt!!!! quite a few african ethnic tribal groups has slanted eyes

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• cant wait....

Comment

• Originally posted by MexicanMauler View Post
                      cant wait....
                      This is going to be a tremendous fight, two champions in the ring together. Nonito is my pick, his power will just be too much for Rigo.

Comment

Working...
                      X