No announcement yet.

Anyone got footage of Andre Dirrell sparring Luis Arias

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got footage of Andre Dirrell sparring Luis Arias

Missed the sparring,i hear it was real good!

I want to see this too. I assumed the whole workout was going to be recorded, but unfortunately I was wrong.

Comment

It was real good, I'd love to see it again.

Comment

guess not,a shame

Comment

Dirrel had the blur going on. By blur i mean, hand speed. It was freaky. Kids got a gift, too bad he fights like a track star.

Almost as fast as Linares - those hands.....my GOD. I thought the usual guys (Khan, Pac, Floyd, Judah, Russel, Gamboa) were quick. Then I saw linares.... whole new bag of wtf.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
            Dirrel had the blur going on. By blur i mean, hand speed. It was freaky. Kids got a gift, too bad he fights like a track star.

Almost as fast as Linares - those hands.....my GOD. I thought the usual guys (Khan, Pac, Floyd, Judah, Russel, Gamboa) were quick. Then I saw linares.... whole new bag of wtf.
            You seen them all fight live? I know you were/are a boxer.

Linares is very fast, he was surpassing Pacman in sparring at times, but his durablity is questioned.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post
              You seen them all fight live? I know you were/are a boxer.

Linares is very fast, he was surpassing Pacman in sparring at times, but his durablity is questioned.
              No, I've never been to a Pac or Dirrel fight, I've seen the others live though, and have even given Zab some work.

The day I saw Linares fight Larios though (live), I was in awe. Obviously he doesn't have all the tools, but just from speed alone - man oh man. To think, he showed up a few steps quicker in the DeMarco fight too.

Again, it's a gift. There are so many things people do in the gym and even trainers try to implement to build speed - but honestly, I think speed is about as god given as power is. It's not something you can teach/train. It just...."is".

As for the sparring session in question - I wish someone would have posted it. It was the highlight of the livestream. Dirrel and Arias were going off. Tons of "oooos" and "ahhhs" in the gym, was real good work for both guys.

Comment

Working...
              X