No announcement yet.

Love fun and positivity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
    Or he could do both. Not everyone is the same. For some people curing depression with willpower would be like curing cancer with will power. Like I said meds are a tool. A means to and end. If you Ever had to deal with clinical depression or real post traumatic stress you would know that. If you ever dealt with a real life suicide that meds may have prevented you would know that. Not to mention countless other situations. .
    When I hit the bottom, I go through the floor.

I know about the situation better than most, from both perspectives. His mind is far stronger than any drug and comes with no side effects. Medication should be a last resort when he seriously cannot cope but as it is, he's bored.

'An idle mind is the devil's playground.'

It's a vicious cycle because you lack the motivation someone would normally have, so it's extra hard but you have to realise nothing gets done on it's own. It builds character, ways of dealing with the situation should it ever arise again rather than him thinking, 'Oh, need to get some meds'.

Unless there are other underlying issues, a bad bout of depression can be cured without the need for medication and not using it will benefit you in the long run too. I don't know Mark but from what I can gather he's just feeling anxious with life and needs to fix the issue(s) at hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
      I agree, I guess it depends on one's situation...maybe 1/8 joint...come on man it enhances the beauty of the surroundings with sweet musics... hehehehe
      Of all the drugs, bud is one of the worst.

Anything that gives you a high has a come down and it's twice as bad for someone already on a low from depression. Don't get me wrong, it definitely does enhance your surroundings and numbs your anxieties but shit doesn't get done.

I've known people, even on this forum, who've smoked and had to stop because their anxiety got too great. That happens even to those with a healthy mind.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        Of all the drugs, bud is one of the worst.

Anything that gives you a high has a come down and it's twice as bad for someone already on a low from depression. Don't get me wrong, it definitely does enhance your surroundings and numbs your anxieties but shit doesn't get done.

I've known people, even on this forum, who've smoked and had to stop because their anxiety got too great. That happens even to those with a healthy mind.
        But that's assuming too much. As you said, we don't know the root of mark's situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
          But that's assuming too much. As you said, we don't know the root of mark's situation.
          True.

But without sounding arrogant, I believe I have a good idea. I think he kicked the bud smoking a while ago anyway and I'm sure he can vouch for the difference. But Mark isn't sitting in his house all day and night with the lights off and curtains drawn, or at least I assume not, I think he works. If not, I'm sure he at leasts interacts socially.

So his mind isn't completely isolated. He's spoke about issues with his ex-partner and child, this is probably causing a great deal of anxiety as he doesn't feel in control of the situation. There might be things that Mark doesn't want to share but all I say is, have a good think about what's making you unhappy. He should know instantly what isn't sitting right with himself but it may take longer to find the cause and answers but it's all about searching within one's self and overcoming obstacles to progress as a man. Which cannot be done by a mind that's clouded by drugs or drink.

Comment

I'll tell you what's fuckery, self-diagnosing on Google.

Comment

Working...
            X