Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long did it take you to get the power mechanics of a punch down?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long did it take you to get the power mechanics of a punch down?

Its taken me an embarrasingly long time, and just wanted to get an idea of how long it should have taken me!?

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
    Its taken me an embarrasingly long time, and just wanted to get an idea of how long it should have taken me!?
    Depends who teaches you I can teach in a day but punchers are born not made either your heavy handed or your not.

Comment

Just make sure you're at a distance where you're able to fully extend the shot and really snap the punch out using your hips, legs and shoulders.

Comment

If you are taught junk you will never get it. If you are you are taught properly it can be quick depending on how many ingrained nast habits you have grooved in.

Comment

Dude, there is a sub-forum called 'Training and Nutrition' dedicated to these sorts of questions.

Comment

You could learn to throw a proper power punch in a day but it will take a while before you have it mastered. Too quickly when fighters are under pressure they will resort to improper punches. It will take a little while before you can do it on instinct.

Comment

Working...
            X