Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Floyd done enough to be considered up there alongside Ali and SRR?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

95% of the boxing world usually have Greb or Armstrong above Ali but whatever.

Comment

Floyd lost his chance as he simply has been coasting for the last 6+ years .... and Floyd is now too busy with trying to get the edge in earnings instead of getting to fight names that can get him there.

Floyd thinks that keeping his precious "0" will be enough to take him there .... but that is further from the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
        Is this a serious question?
        Yes.

Myself, i do not think that he can yet be ranked up alongside those two particlular boxing greats, yet i dont think he is too far off. I certainly feel that if he carries on dominating the sport and beats a certain someone then he will have become a viable contender as the sport of Boxings ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
          Castillo? Which many thought he lost.
          It was competitive, but I'm not sure I want to call it a war.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
            Floyd lost his chance as he simply has been coasting for the last 6+ years .... and Floyd is now too busy with trying to get the edge in earnings instead of getting to fight names that can get him there.

Floyd thinks that keeping his precious "0" will be enough to take him there .... but that is further from the truth.
            Say Mayweather beats Pacquiao, retires with his 0 intact, what would your thoughts be on him then regarding this question?

Comment

No........

Comment

If Floyd ended up beating Pacquiao and Sergio Martinez, he'd without a doubt be in the Top 20 GOAT, maybe even Top 15. But, as it stands, he and Pac both are around Top 30 GOAT to me.

Floyd's an ATG, but not nearly as high on that list as Ali, Leonard, Robinson, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  It was competitive, but I'm not sure I want to call it a war.
                  Haha well that tells a story in itself, that a fight like that could be considered the closest he has been to a war. He's rarely been in a scrap but is that down to his level of Boxing abilities or down to weak opposition, in your opinion?

Comment

no but if he beats Cotto,Canelo,and manny i think you have to put him in the top 20

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                      no but if he beats Cotto,Canelo,and manny i think you have to put him in the top 20
                      A win over Canelo wouldn't mean a damn thing unless Canelo beats the someone like Kirkland first, or unless he went on to have a HOF career in the future.

Comment

Working...
                      X