Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jennings vs klitschko on April 25th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's the 2nd highest rated opponent that Wlad hasn't beaten already. I have no problem with it. Wlad is on a mission to clean house.

Hopefully after Jennings its Wilder/Stiverne or Fury.

Comment

Smart move by Wlad. This should allow the fight for the WBC title to happen sooner with Jennings the mandatory being moved out the way.

Comment

Originally posted by jup11223 View Post
        Bryant Jennings just announced on his instagram page,that he will be fighting Wladimir Klitschko on April 25th.
        Bryant Jennings is a classy guy. We met him at the Rios/Chaves fight in Vegas and judging by our conversation he's a real student of the game and he carries himself well. He looks huge in person and I don't think he has an oz of fat on him so at the very least we know Wlad is fighting someone who's in shape and has stamina.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          He's the 2nd highest rated opponent that Wlad hasn't beaten already. I have no problem with it. Wlad is on a mission to clean house.

Hopefully after Jennings its Wilder/Stiverne or Fury.
          jennings is going to get thrashed. hes too small and lacks explosiveness and physical strength. guess it still an ok fight tho as at least jennings is highly rated and hasnt lost. I can understand it if its just to stay busy and wait for fury or wilder/stiverne winner

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
            jennings is going to get thrashed. hes too small and lacks explosiveness and physical strength. guess it still an ok fight tho as at least jennings is highly rated and hasnt lost. I can understand it if its just to stay busy and wait for fury or wilder/stiverne winner
            Thing is, I see a lot of people saying Jennings isn't ready, but how high is his ceiling? If he isn't ready now will he ever be?

He's already beaten Mike Perez who was one of the top contenders in the division. I think its a logical next step for both fighters. Of course I would rather see Fury, Wilder or Stiverne but Wlad has never been one to duck anybody. I expect those fights to happen down the line.

Comment

What a waste. Jennings had the potential to build his name up alot more and make his eventual fight with Wlad into a super fight. He'll get thrashed in similar fashion as the 'Boxing Banker'.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                What a waste. Jennings had the potential to build his name up alot more and make his eventual fight with Wlad into a super fight. He'll get thrashed in similar fashion as the 'Boxing Banker'.
                I think its worth taking the risk. he could get knocked off by a journeyman opponent and lose his chance. ive seen that happen to fighters more than once. anyone can have an off night and lose to an inferior opponent so why not just go for it. if he loses he can just chalk it up to inexperience and if he's competitive in losing it will elevate him more

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  Thing is, I see a lot of people saying Jennings isn't ready, but how high is his ceiling? If he isn't ready now will he ever be?

He's already beaten Mike Perez who was one of the top contenders in the division. I think its a logical next step for both fighters. Of course I would rather see Fury, Wilder or Stiverne but Wlad has never been one to duck anybody. I expect those fights to happen down the line.
                  I dont think hes ever going to be ready for wlad anyway so he should just go for it. as long as he doesnt take a brutal beating he can learn from it and get better. I think hes a descsent fighter but lacks the qualities needed to get to wlad

Comment

Only reason I see him doing this is because he wants the Wilder/Stiverne winner next.

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
                      I think its worth taking the risk. he could get knocked off by a journeyman opponent and lose his chance. ive seen that happen to fighters more than once. anyone can have an off night and lose to an inferior opponent so why not just go for it. if he loses he can just chalk it up to inexperience and if he's competitive in losing it will elevate him more
                      True, but Jenning's looks legit enough that he could comfortably take out a couple of decent contenders. It's just so rare now a days to have someone promising like Jennings come along. I'd like to see them make the most of the situation and build his name more and turn this into a super fight along the level of Haye-Klitschko (however disappointing the the final result, the build up was still fun).

Hell I'd be happy to see Jennings fight Lepai & Pianeta. Those should be safe enough fights and would allow some comparative analysis in the build-up for the Klit fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X