No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather: "Do I want to test the waters and one day fight at 160? Yes"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WESS View Post
    I have no doubt that he will move up to 160 before he retires....

Right now, nobody 154 and below beats him so he needs to move up anyway for a REAL challenge as all his critics keep begging him to take. Skill wise, nobody will challenge him as I always said size is what beats Floyd.....
    Yep spot on , I think Floyd is fighting this fight so he can jump either way , I dont think he will ever give Pac 50/50 revenue , purse yes revenue never , and Pac will take it when its his last fight , other than that, in the back of Floyd mind I think he is toying with idea of Sergio at 160 .

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
      Doubt it happens. If Floyd actually fought Sergio at 160 lbs, I don't see how anyone could say he's avoiding Pacquiao at 147. Still, it has probably about a 1% chance of happening.
      What is so great about Sergio? Is he HOF fighter, ATG or something?

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
        Sergio shouldn't fight Floyd at 160, unless Floyd really wants to. Sergio gets next to no credit for beating Floyd there, because he'd be facing a guy he started at 130, is 5'8'', and has never fought at MW in his life. If Floyd-Sergio happened, it'd be at 154. At least if Sergio beat him there, he'd get mad props from everyone.

I still think Floyd beats Sergio though. Yes, Floyd would have a tough time no doubt, and it'd be a really close fight in my opinion, scores all close, but I wouldn't bet against Floyd. Sergio's last fight was bulls**t. The wins over Pavlik, Williams, and Dzinziruk were all good wins no doubt. Barker was a bit of a joke. I mean Lou and Sergio have the nerve to say "Who has Pirog beat besides Jacobs???", but then turn around and fight Barker, who'd beat no one. And now we have Macklin, a very good fight. Macklin beat Sturm in all reality and should be the MW champion right now.

Whats interesting is that Sergio still looked quick and fresh against Barker, but wasn't blowing Barker out of the water like he should have. He was beating Barker, but Barker seemed to catch Sergio with some punches, far more than I thought he would.

The only guys I'd really be interested in seeing Floyd fight above 147 lbs are Cotto, Kirkland, Alvarez, and Martinez. That's it.

I want to see the Kirkland-Molina winner vs. Vanes in July and than who ever comes out of that against Alvarez in November or December.
        I want to see Floyd-Alvarez

Comment

Working...
        X