Collapse
No announcement yet.

This guy claims Nonito Donaire is only fighter of the year because Pac got KO'd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This guy claims Nonito Donaire is only fighter of the year because Pac got KO'd

In 2010-2011 when I would see Donaire's name I went in to the thread to praise him and defend him. Now when I see his name I am filled with hatred. This guy is a fraud with his stupid "activity". Yeah, activity against worn out fighters who are ready to retire, and fighters coming of TKO losses. Mathebula is his only win worthy of a mention in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      In 2010-2011 when I would see Donaire's name I went in to the thread to praise him and defend him. Now when I see his name I am filled with hatred. This guy is a fraud with his stupid "activity". Yeah, activity against worn out fighters who are ready to retire, and fighters coming of TKO losses. Mathebula is his only win worthy of a mention in 2012.
      how can you hate someone fighting 4x in one year!? look at the people around him, he's taken out the garbage and now it's time for the big boys. he's left with none other than rigo and mares! the best out there. i don't disagree with you that the majority of his wins in 2012 were pretty mediocre though.

Comment

he is fighte rof the year because he didnt face a real threat in the division like Rigo the God

Comment

Originally posted by happyman View Post
          how can you hate someone fighting 4x in one year!? look at the people around him, he's taken out the garbage and now it's time for the big boys. he's left with none other than rigo and mares! the best out there. i don't disagree with you that the majority of his wins in 2012 were pretty mediocre though.
          4x against 3 easy opponents. It's what prospects do, fight 4-6 times a year against low level opponents. Donaire is 30 years old and on the top 10 P4P list, act like it and fight top guys who are actually coming off good wins. Not dudes who are about to retire[Nishioka, Arce] or just got knocked out[Vazquez]. When the only thing people can defend Donaire is the number of times he fought, and not actually who he fought, there is the problem.

Comment

4x against 3 easy opponents. It's what prospects do, fight 4-6 times a year against low level opponents. Donaire is 30 years old and on the top 10 P4P list, act like it and fight top guys who are actually coming off good wins. Not dudes who are about to retire[Nishioka, Arce] or just got knocked out[Vazquez]. When the only thing people can defend Donaire is the number of times he fought, and not actually who he fought, there is the problem.
            didn't know you had a hate going on here for Donaire, it's not like he fought the same caliber of opponents like Canelo did for the year

Comment

Nishioka though ready to retire still was regarded as #1 in the division, you can argue if he should've been, but the fact remains he was. Arce was a gimmie fight though still a former champion. Mathebula is a good fight no real issue there.

Who should've won fighter of the year in your eyes? I'm curious to hear why.

Comment

& i had him BARELY beating mathebula by 2 points............

Comment

people are so crazy

Comment

I don't think Nonito should be rewarded with the fighter of the year just based on activity, he fought mediocre competition in 2012 and his only saving grace is the fact that he has Bob Arum in his corner, If he didn't have Arum he would have been critise like crazy in the media.

Comment

Working...
                    X