Its an outrage how underappreciated lennox lewis is

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
    Most fans are ******ed.
    On the worst night of his life he still kicked Vitali's ass.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
      [/B]

I can name you two -- Haseem Rahman and Oliver McCall. Both knocked Lewis out with one punch. Also, he didn't brutally avenge his loss to McCall. The fight was stopped when McCall had a nervous breakdown in the ring -- falling to his knees and crying like a man who had just lost a loved one.
      Lewis' right hand can do that to a man.

Comment

I think he's respected enough, not overrated and not underrated. I have him at number 10 on my list. I still think that Prime Evander and Prime Tyson could have beat him. It's actually Klitards who overate him, they just want to pump up Vitali winning 4 rounds against him

Comment

Originally posted by 2Shotz View Post
          Lennox fought tall, had a great jab and right hand, decent left hook and savage uppercuts. His demolition of Golota and Grant were classic. Briggs was a good night out as well. Not sure how much credence to give him for Holy and Tyson as all parties were past prime. He really should've rematched Vitali. Lennox won that fight but not the event and it has haunted his legacy a bit. Overall, I really respect Lennox's reign as champion although he could be china chinned, subject to weight fluctuation, and sometimes suffered from arrogance which would cost him. I'd place him Top 10 ATG, barely.
          Pretty good post.

I picked him to beat Tyson early on in his career but the Tyson he fought was admittedly past prime.

Pretty hard for me to overlook him as a top 10 pick everything considered.

Comment

Lol under-appreciated. **** more like overrated/overhyped.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
              On the worst night of his life he still kicked Vitali's ass.
              vitali made it one of the worst nights of his life and they kicked each others butt. there really should have been a rematch. its not like lennox was in his 40's and shop worn. he took the easy way out instead of risking his legacy in what he knew would be another difficult fight

Comment

Working...
              X