Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Matthysse regret not fighting Peterson at 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Matthysse regret not fighting Peterson at 140?

He lost his chance at being a world champion, Garcia is pretty much his only line unless he can rematch Peterson again.

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
    He lost his chance at being a world champion, Garcia is pretty much his only line unless he can rematch Peterson again.
    Not really cause I'm sure the rematch is there. The belt woulda just went to Danny anyways.
    At least if they rematch and he wins he gets a belt out of it

Comment

Originally posted by DonMega View Post
      Not really cause I'm sure the rematch is there. The belt woulda just went to Danny anyways.
      At least if they rematch and he wins he gets a belt out of it
      Could you imagine... one belt away from undisputed

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        Could you imagine... one belt away from undisputed
        Danny probably can beat Provo too.
        Yea you heard it.... Danny beats him.
        Danny took Matthysse's best punches, he can take this rugged brawler and cut him up

Comment

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
          Danny probably can beat Provo too.
          Yea you heard it.... Danny beats him.
          Danny took Matthysse's best punches, he can take this rugged brawler and cut him up
          @ "Yeah you heard it"

Still bragging about picking overwhelming favourites?

Comment

Lucas and Ruslan fight 180 degrees from each other in terms of style

Lucas is a more skilled fighter, but less skilled fighters can use relentless pressure and power to overwhelm more skilled opponents

Malignaggi vs Hatton, Cotto vs Pacquiao, two fights that come to mind.

Saying Danny beat Lucas so he automatically > * simply isn't true and is naive and borderline arrogant to suggest it

Comment

It's better to have loved and lost than to not have loved at all. He could've held the belt for a few months, warmed it up and had Danny snatch it from him like the last piece of iguana meat at an Argentine BBQ ... But instead he gets to be in the blue corner for the rest of his career.

Comment

He will have at least one more shot at a championship. He has Haymon now so all he has to do is point plus Showtime absolutely loves Lucas. If he wants he can get a rematch if Showtime and the other sponsors pony up the money for it. Who else at 140 can Danny fight that will bring in revenue for Showtime? Maybe Khan but I thought he was moving up because he was killing himself to make 140. If they make Danny a great enough offer he will have no choice but to give Lucas a rematch

Comment

If I'm not mistaken it wasn't by choice Lucas fought Lamont at 141.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    If I'm not mistaken it wasn't by choice Lucas fought Lamont at 141.
                    It was, he wanted to preserve his mandatory status at 140 for the WBC. Win or lose would'e affected it.

Comment

Working...
                    X