Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back in 1995 how would of Bernard Hopkins vs Terry Norris went?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in 1995 how would of Bernard Hopkins vs Terry Norris went?

Both were world champions hopkins was a good bit away from hitting his prime, norris was just past his prime. How would of this went if terry went up looking to become a champion in another weight?

Norris's chin was shaky enough at 154. I highly, highly question his durability at middleweight, especially since Hopkins was generally more aggressive back then.

Hopkins stops him.

Comment

Hopkins would've stopped Norris, Norris had a shaky chin and I think was too small for 160, he just looked naturally too small for the weight in his fights there which put him in a pretty bad predicament, he was struggling to make 154 but was too small for 160.

Comment

Norris was too small imo, not to mention he was a bit of a hot head who would probably play right into Hopkins hands once Hopkins started fouling him etc, i reckon Hopkins would catch upto him and KO him, Norris was exciting and a good Boxer with speed of hand and foot but he was not disciplined and did have a shaky chin.

Comment

There was a time Hopkins said in an interview after a title defence, that he would be willing to drop to 154 for a money fight. He had just weighed in at 157 for the fight.

Norris had the skills I believe to be an all time great, but he fell in love with the knockout! He often became too aggressive and reckless, which led to him walking into punches. It is this carelessness that would enable B-Hop to score the ko. I also believe Norris would have the boxing and speed advantage but sooner or later he would go in for the ko, and B-Hop would get it.

Comment

hopkins by KO

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
              Both were world champions hopkins was a good bit away from hitting his prime, norris was just past his prime. How would of this went if terry went up looking to become a champion in another weight?
              Norris is my boy, but his simply too small to fight at mw, Hopkins by ko within 6 rounds

Comment

Working...
              X