No announcement yet.

Noticing people saying Wiliiams-Martinez was NOT a robbery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
    I agree with Williams 115-113 or 114-114.

It was a close fight, could have gone either way. I know the 119-110 scorecard was out of this world but what can you do?
    Not pick judges that score only one round for a guy that most people thought won or at least drew.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
      damn....you just dont get it...
      no .. you dont get it, the one scorecard was way out, the other two could have made that irrelevant but obviously saw the fight slightly differently to the way you did

Comment

sounds like 1 paid off judge to me

Comment

damn....you just dont get it...
          I guess I don't. If the roles were reversed I wouldn't be saying that Pwill was robbed that's all I'm saying but you're entitled to your own opinion.

Comment

Martinez could have scored a total of 4 KNOCK DOWNS, add them to Pierre Benoist's card of 110-119 and Martinez still loses the fight.

That my friends, is a ROBBERY.
            If Benoit scored the fight for Williams, it doesn't matter HOW he score it. Does it?

I picked Martinez to win, and I knew the result would be contntious. I completely anticipated a bout which was tough to score. So, i'm NOT NOT NOT excuse Benoit's score. But I don't think it matters much whether his score was 7-5 or 11-1 for Williams. The result would be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by JMM_135_#1 View Post
              incorrect that judge had paul 11-1 up, so the 4 knock downs would be scored in rounds that williams won on his score card

with 4 knock downs it ends up

114 - 111 martinez
              Nope,

4 KD's for Martinez and the fight still ends up 111-115 for Williams. Even if the first KD Williams scored when Martinez fell off balance was not scored, its still 111-114 for Williams. So in the end, if Martinez had scored 4 KD's to Wiliiams's 0 KD's, Martinez would still loose.

Comment

Benoist wasn't the only one judging the fight. The other two judges seemed to have judged it fairly. It was just ONE bad scorecard, not a robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoetoe View Post
                  Benoist wasn't the only one judging the fight. The other two judges seemed to have judged it fairly. It was just ONE bad scorecard, not a robbery.
                  Not a robbery? If Martinez scored a 10-6 round, he would still loose the fight? How is that not a robbery?

Do you even know what a robbery is? A robbery is when you have already lost before you even get in the ring.

Comment

Nope,

4 KD's for Martinez and the fight still ends up 111-115 for Williams. Even if the first KD Williams scored when Martinez fell off balance was not scored, its still 111-114 for Williams. So in the end, if Martinez had scored 4 KD's to Wiliiams's 0 KD's, Martinez would still loose.
                    do you know how a fight is scored ?

williams won 11 rounds on that card which is ten points, if a knock down happens in one of those rounds his score becomes an 8 for that round,

a difference off 2.... 2x4 = 8 , 119 - 8 = 111, martinez would also have won those rounds so gains a point in each round he scores the knock down, going from 9 to 10 points , a difference of 1, 1x4 = 4, 110 + 4 = 114

so its 114 - 111 for martinez

Comment

Martinez could have scored a total of 4 KNOCK DOWNS, add them to Pierre Benoist's card of 110-119 and Martinez still loses the fight.

That my friends, is a ROBBERY.
                      I don't think you can score could have knockdowns. I had Martinez up 115-113 but Williams threw a lot more punches and that's just the way things go. A robbery it was not.

Just like the Diaz-Malignaggi first fight, the guy who "lost" is the one who has come out at the end looking the better. I like both guys though and I hope after Pavlik-Williams we get to see Williams-Martinez II cos it was an amazing fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X