Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In retrospect can we say Floyd had a granite chin or that he just refused to lose?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    Floyd had a great chin. And the fact that he had great defense and was so hard to hit really helped preserve his chin.

Great chins don't hold up if you tagged too often in every fight. Look at Margarito for example.
    If exercises in your sig is what makes a great boxer, then I was an ATG between the years of 10-16

Comment

I wouldn't say granite chin but it must at least have been very solid.

I think more so he had a strong will to win and unrivaled discipline. A very high percentage of fighters would have touched the canvas after getting buckled as bad as he did from that 2nd big shot from Mosley.
      Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 09-21-2016, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Floyd did have a good chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          1) Rarely got hit.
          2) Had the reflexes to see it and absorb it at impact.
          3) Had a damn good chin.
          ^^^summed it up...he got hit, but he definitely didn't take a bunch of heavy clean shots

his coordination and awareness is off the charts

Comment

Larry learned a new word today.

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
              Exactly what I was thinking. A Prime Mosley would've plastered Floyd if they ever fought historically.

Prime floyd would **** mosley up.

Mosley doesn't do good with boxers.

Shane only plasters mexicans

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                Retrospect is a big word for you Larry, congrats.

But, in retrospect, Floyd's chin didn't get hit that much because under pressure he either hugged, ran or leaned back over the ropes.

When he did get properly tagged he did the chicken dance or hung on for dear life.

Every time he was ever hurt or wobbled, he did exactly what naziim Richardson said he would do. He grew a tail and started breathing fire.

When hurt he didn't change one bit, he kept focus and kept winning

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                  Every time he was ever hurt or wobbled, he did exactly what naziim Richardson said he would do. He grew a tail and started breathing fire.

When hurt he didn't change one bit, he kept focus and kept winning
                  I wonder what Nazim saw that made him say Floyd would do just that.

Comment

Floyd is iron chinned hero

Comment

He's taken some really sharp punches and most people dont look close enough or rewind his fights to see that he's brushed off big punches from big punchers and kept moving. I remember the Diego fight, i think he might've gotten hit to the body but he makes up his face like he got stabbed and like a half a second later he goes back to attack mode. Even when Sharmba Mitchell caught him with two good punches, two of the cleanest punches I think he's ever taken he just brushed them off.

Comment

Working...
                      X