• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burns Katsidis

Seen it on ESB it said this fight could be happening Nov in Glasgow

KatsIdis by brutal KO.

Comment

Ricky Burns gives up title to switch to lightweight

Ricky Burns is to give up his WBO super featherweight world title and move up to lightweight.

The 28-year-old Scot made the decision because it was becoming difficult for him to make the 130lb mark.

Burns' first fight at his new weight will be against interim WBO lightweight champion Michael Katsidis in Glasgow.

The Kelvin Hall, where Burns won his 2010 title fight against Roman Martinez, has been provisionally booked for 12 November.

However, a date has yet to be confirmed for the Coatbridge boxer's debut at his new weight.

Burns' manager, Alex Morrison, told BBC Scotland: "Ricky has always wanted to move up to lightweight.

"He has outgrown the super featherweight division.
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/14905018.stm

Comment

I think Katsidis wins but I'm pissed that Burns seems to be avoiding Broner. I think in the mindset of Warren and Burns they think Katsidis might be finished so thats why they chased that fight.

Comment

Two of my favourite fighters (and nicest guys in boxing) SO Goin!

Comment

Could be a bad beating for Burns,will be a good fight though

Comment

warren apparently never tires of having his fighters destroyed by katsidis.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
                I think Katsidis wins but I'm pissed that Burns seems to be avoiding Broner. I think in the mindset of Warren and Burns they think Katsidis might be finished so thats why they chased that fight.
                yep, and mike's gonna prove 'em wrong.

Comment

Burns is hand made for Katz. . . Huge mistake on Warren's part. . . stylistic nightmare for ole boy burns. . . doesn't have NEARLY enough of a punch to keep kats off him. . .

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
                    Frank Warren already made that mistake once when he put him in with Kevin Mitchell. He would be a fool to make that mistake twice.

Comment

Working...
                    X