No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Trying To Keep Marquez, Who Wants Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Trying To Keep Marquez, Who Wants Pacquiao

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer told the Los Angeles Times that his company will do everything possible to resign WBA/WBO lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez. The Mexican star's contract with Golden Boy has expired but Schaefer has a 30-day window to resign Marquez, and Golden Boy retains the right to match the best offer that Marquez gets from an opposing promoter through Feb. 27, 2012. Although it's very unlikely that Golden Boy will be able to match the financial package connected with a third Manny Pacquiao fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

All GBP has to do is provide all the piss that Marquez can drink and he should sign straight away.

Comment

When the articles says it has to "exclude a fight with pac", does it mean that if a fight with Pac was possible, then he would leave GBP and go to Top Rank just for that one fight?

Comment

jmm will leave gbp i dont know why when he can move up to 140 and make money

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          When the articles says it has to "exclude a fight with pac", does it mean that if a fight with Pac was possible, then he would leave GBP and go to Top Rank just for that one fight?
          Nope he wouldn't go to Top Rank, Top Rank would be the only Promoter for the fight. GBP would have nothing to do with the fight and wouldn't get a share of the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            think so bro...Goldenboy should do that.Unless toprank just want to
            steal marquez away.

Comment

Golden Boy retains the right to match the best offer that Marquez gets from an opposing promoter through Feb. 27, 2012, Schaefer said. But another promoter familiar with the situation, who was granted anonymity to prevent any backlash, sees Marquez as a lost cause.

"They can't match it," the promoter said. "Golden Boy can't get Pacquiao."

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=463246

Comment

If Arum wasn't interested in promoting Mosley.....then why does he have an option on his next fight? I'm not talking about the rematch clause with Pacquiao, but he's talked about Mosley fighting Cintron, etc., sihtdamn, these promoters are seriously killing the passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
                  Nope he wouldn't go to Top Rank, Top Rank would be the only Promoter for the fight. GBP would have nothing to do with the fight and wouldn't get a share of the money.
                  Yea thats what i meant

Sounds good to me but i think Arum wants him in Top Rank

Comment

Originally posted by el rey View Post
                    If Arum wasn't interested in promoting Mosley.....then why does he have an option on his next fight? I'm not talking about the rematch clause with Pacquiao, but he's talked about Mosley fighting Cintron, etc., sihtdamn, these promoters are seriously killing the passion.
                    would like to see mosley fight canelo.

Comment

Working...
                    X