No announcement yet.

Prediction: Fighter of the Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    No Marquez for being the first Mexican to win titles in 5 divisions? while being 40?

Can't take this poll or thread seriously
    That would be an excellent win for JMM. I didn't put him in because he will only fight once this year. You are correct about it being a historic feat though.

Comment

If Floyd beats Canelo he will win based on popularity alone. However I would want GGG to take it.

Comment

Rigo has the best single win. The only win that could come close is the winner of Marquez-Bradley.

GGG has the biggest mean streak so far this year. If Mattysse KOs Garcia its him unless GGG can FINISH Murray because Peterson and Garcia are better then Rosado, Macklin and Ishida are journeyman.

If Stepehenson KOs Cloud and Bellew he should atleast be considered.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Matthysse easily if Tranny comes out of his recording studio bunker to fight the lineal jr welterweight champ.

Comment

imho, boring fighters should not be nominated as fighter of the year.

fraud jr and rigo should be out of contention.

Comment

Voted Matthysse purely on the basis that he's more likely than GGG to get the opportunity.

EDIT: if Canelo pulls it off he's a shoo-in.
              Last edited by gingerbreadman; 07-11-2013, 09:46 PM.

Comment

It will be Canelo after he floors Mayweather

Comment

I voted for Rigo but Golovkin will get it if he fights 5 times.

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
                    GGG was just named fighter of the mid-year by ESPN and deservedly so. This begs the question who do you believe will win the FOTY award for 2013?

1. Gennady Golovkin- GGG already boasts three KO victories this year with the intentions of fighting two additional times. He is clearly the front runner because he has been the most active/dominant. The problem for GGG is what credible fighter will step in the ring with him this fall.

2. Guillermo Rigondeaux- So far Rigo has the best win of the year over a top pfp fighter. This win came in dominating fashion which gives him a huge boost. Rigo will be hard pressed to find another good fighter willing to fight him. He also is suffering from promoter issues. We don't even know if we will see Rigo in the ring again this year. Only time will tell.

3. Saul Alvarez- Canelo already has a win this year over one of the best fighters at 154. To make things simple if Canelo wins on Sept. 14th, he is guaranteed the award. It is a daunting task but one that is not impossible.

4. Floyd Mayweather- Mayweather is fighting twice in one year for the first time in ages. His win in May was a solid victory over the mandatory challenger to the WBC belt at 147. Next in line is a fight with Canelo. If Floyd were to win, he would become lineal champ at both 147 & 154. That is a solid effort for one year. Do voters slight him some for the catchweight?

5. Lucas Matthysse- Matthysse already has two wins this year both ending in devastating fashion. His win over IBF champion Lamont Peterson was very impressive and solidified him as the best talent at 140. If Lucas is able to beat Danny Garcia next (or even get the fight), he would have successfully unified the division in one year.

My pick- Matthysse. I believe the Garcia fight will happen this year and Lucas will be victorious. Thoughts? Are there any fighters that I forgot?
                    Timothy Bradley.....after he beats Marquez.

Comment

I would say Mayweather is a front runner..

The winner of Bradley Marquez is also has a strong case..

Or Matt's,if he beats Garcia..I mean beating Peterson and Garcia in the same yr would be very impressive..

I can't choose right now tho..

Comment

Working...
                      X