Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before all the controversy what did you see going on in the fight strategically?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it only me I see hopkins weak and not the same as before, maybe the age catching up? plus with the injury i dont see him coming back...

Comment

That those who ordered the ppv live, lost big time tonight. A tremendous downer ..

Comment

Dawson was definitely allowing Hopkins to fight his fight...and to me Dawson would have to win and control the early rounds to win because if Hopkins is allowed to conserve his energy in the early rounds and not fall behind for doing so...he will always finish strong in the 2end half of the fight and win.

Comment

I saw a young fighter hunting and stalking a hesitant and scared grandpa. I thought I was in for a long fight so I grabbed my pillow when all the sudden thankfully Dawson caught Bernard with a good throw and TKO'd him.

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
            Is it only me I see hopkins weak and not the same as before, maybe the age catching up? plus with the injury i dont see him coming back...

When did he look weak? After he blew up his shoulder.

And he's 46, he's not going to be "the same as before", whatever that means.

See, when you get older, your reflexes slow down a little but. Yu dont keep the same athleticism your entire life. I thought this was pretty elementary stuff.

Comment

Chad looked like he was actually coming to win. A shame I think we missed out on a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                I saw a young fighter hunting and stalking a hesitant and scared grandpa. I thought I was in for a long fight so I grabbed my pillow when all the sudden thankfully Dawson caught Bernard with a good throw and TKO'd him.
                You must have this confused with another martial art, in BOXING we don't throw people and win that way. Now if this were Judo or wrestling etc. okay, but this is boxing just so you know and the commission will overturn the horrendous non call by the ref.

Comment

Nothing much other than both boxers feeling other each. The 1st round could have went either way, the second round no significant punches were landed.

Comment

Originally posted by Visceral View Post
                    Chad looked like he was actually coming to win. A shame I think we missed out on a good fight.

I was enjoying the hell out of this fight. Chad shouldnt be in there trying to figure out bernard, he needed to get out there and put it on bhop.

Comment

Hopkins fought exactly how I thought he was going to, extremely negatively. Clinching, headbutts, not trying to press any action. Dawson was doing a decent job of throwing all the activity without leaving himself open.

I had it 1-0 Dawson, with an extremely inactive 2nd round from Hopkins about to put Dawson up 2-0.

Comment

Working...
                      X