No announcement yet.

Where has THIS craft gone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where has THIS craft gone?

Where has this great true toughman version of the sweet science gone? Rarely does Toney backstep, rarely does Toney even wrap one hand around his opponent.

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post

Where has this great true toughman version of the sweet science gone? Rarely does Toney backstep, rarely does Toney even wrap one hand around his opponent.
    Butler was basically a palooka, had never had a single decent opponent, had lost 4 fights of which 3 were KO's. Also he wa nearly 40, about 38 I think and Toney was still near his prime at 32.

If you like defensive fighters have a look on Youtube at Nicolino Locche. You won't believe it. And if you look him up you'll read that he was a nicotine addict and often smoked in the 1 minute intervals between rounds, when his team would crowd around him whilst he took a few puffs. He was regarded as the best defensive fighter since Young Griffo, which means there were only two of them-ever, meaning..a unique special kind of defence. .

Comment

One of my favourites, not often if at all you find a boxer that's as clean as Toney is that's also a master on the inside, never fouled intentionally, even in the Jirov fight when Jirov was throwin low blows Toney just came at him 2x as hard but never thought about throwing anything illegal.

We'll never see another Toney, as great a defensive boxer as you'll find, always came too fight, entertaining as ****, I miss a prime Toney, BURGER KING BABY !.

Comment

Tony vs. Mike McCullum 1 & 2 contain some of the most mesmerizing pugilism ever conducted.

Green K sent for starting some real talk

Comment

Toney was such a brilliant infighter. Real, skilled inside fighting is so rare, which sucks because it's by far my favorite form of boxing. When you have two guys who know how to hit and not get hit at the absolute closest of distances, it's the most awe-inspiring thing in the sport for me.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post

Lol, I'm not so sure you can call having a terrific chin a "craft"!

But great vid! Toney's one of my favourite fighters ever! He's probably the single most naturally talented fighter ever! The guy got into the sport relatively late, was practically self thought using videos of former fighters like Emile Griffith etc!

If only the guy had self discipline

Comment

You guys ever here James talk lately?

Comment

Working...
              X