Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can people say Calzaghe has a better resume than Froch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can people say Calzaghe has a better resume than Froch?

A-list opponents for Calzaghe:
    43yr old hopkins(post prime, also most think he only lost the split decision due to racist comments)
    Kessler(prime)
    semi-retired Eubanks(almost shot)
    Roy Jones(shot to ****s)

A-list opponents for Froch:
    Dirrell(prime)
    Abraham(prime)
    Pascal(prime/slightly pre-prime)
    Kessler(prime)
    Ward(prime)
    Bute(prime)
    Taylor(post prime)

Froch beat them all except Ward, and even against Ward he had him going in the last 2rounds he finished strong, if it were 15rounder Froch mightve stopped him. Besides Ward wouldve completely raped Calzaghe anyway. Calzaghe retired completely unproven, he cannot be considered an atg because who has he beaten? Hopkins was split decision super close fight that many thought he lost the majority of the first 8rounds, who else has Calzaghe fought that was atleast a one point in their career considered a-class/elite??

Calzaghe fans, I would imagine.

Froch has the better resume and will only increase the gap over the coming years. Calzaghe was a top fighter and has some good wins, but the real tests were not taken until it was too late and they were past prime.

Comment

you forgot to put jeff "mike tyson" lacy for calzaghe!

Comment

let me just say you cant list fighters that a fight LOST TO on their resume.....

Comment

Resume is not who you fought, it's who you beat.

Comment

Calzaghe had 21 title defenses and is a 2 division champion and was the king at 168........when has Froch been the king of anything?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Resume is not who you fought, it's who you beat.
              i don't think so............obviously the better the opponents the higher risk for a loss.

froch consistently fights top ter guys. i think that adds to the resume............

Comment

Forgot to add Glen Johnson to Frochs a-list wins once the king of 175lb, Frochs resume ****s all over Calzaghes now, cant wait to see how much better it is at the end of his career after all the rematches and the 175lb run

Comment

Originally posted by THE LARRY View Post
                  Calzaghe had 21 title defenses and is a 2 division champion and was the king at 168........when has Froch been the king of anything?
                  I don't think Calzaghe would be the king in Froch's 168 era.

Infact, I doubt Calzaghe would have taken the fights Froch has in his era.

But that's neither here nor there.

How many times does it have to be broken down to you that having "21 Title defenses" doesn't mean a thing when almost all of them were against bums?

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi108 View Post
                    Forgot to add Glen Johnson to Frochs a-list wins once the king of 175lb, Frochs resume ****s all over Calzaghes now, cant wait to see how much better it is at the end of his career after all the rematches and the 175lb run
                    But Calzaghe beat the KING of 175 at 175 Hopkins not a washed up has been who dropped in weight

Comment

Working...
                    X