Collapse
No announcement yet.

My next door neighbors son can throw a baseball 94 mph. Is this normal? He's 17

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My next door neighbors son can throw a baseball 94 mph. Is this normal? He's 17

They moved here from Ghana about 3 months ago and me and her son decided to go to the batting cages since he said he's never played baseball, but he was interested in it. He was interested in the radar gun seeing other people throwing, so he gave it a try and the first time he threw the ball extremely hard but his throwing motion was way off, so I showed him the correct way to do it. After about 20 minutes he wanted to try again. The first pitch was 82, the second was 86 3rd pitch was 89. I told him to hold on because I thought the gun was broke so I asked the supervisor and he confirmed it was in working order. I thought it was weird since when I throw it is usually around 65mph. We were there for a good 30 minutes and the hardest he threw was 94 mph. All of this was on the first day. I asked him why he has never played baseball and she said he could never afford to play since he and his mom were poor and he had to drop out of school to help support him and his mother. My question is, it this normal for someone to throw this hard? He's 17 and tall and lanky around 6'6
    Last edited by BigNuts; 02-17-2015, 01:47 PM.

didnt read jsut read the title but throwing a baseball 97mph is not unheard of.

Comment

he probably got big nuts

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
        he probably got big nuts
        Big Ghanaian balls

Comment

Originally posted by BigNuts View Post
          They moved here from Ghana about 3 months ago and me and her son decided to go to the batting cages since he said he's never played baseball, but he was interested in it. He was interested in the radar gun seeing other people throwing, so he gave it a try and the first time he threw the ball extremely hard but his throwing motion was way off, so I showed him the correct way to do it. After about 20 minutes he wanted to try again. The first pitch was 82, the second was 86 3rd pitch was 89. I told him to hold on because I thought the gun was broke so I asked the supervisor and he confirmed it was in working order. I thought it was weird since when I throw it is usually around 65mph. We were there for a good 30 minutes and the hardest he threw was 94 mph. All of this was on the first day. I asked him why he has never played baseball and she said he could never afford to play since he and his mom were poor and he had to drop out of school to help support him and his mother. My question is, it this normal for someone to throw this hard? He's 17 and tall and lanky around 6'6
          Yes. Throwing a baseball 94mph is completely normal.

It's so normal that you're probably full of ****

94mph at the Major League level is already bringing some heat, let alone for a kid that had never thrown a baseball until 20 minutes ago. Yeah ****ing right.

For the small possibility that you're actually telling the truth, this kid would truly be a freak of nature and would be marveled at in the baseball world, and would be famous instantly.

Step one, get some footage of the kid.
          Last edited by deliveryman; 02-17-2015, 02:32 PM.

Comment

I threw 94 when I was 10.

Comment

Lots of high school baseball prospects throw in the 90's but at 17, that is crazy. He should start playing high school baseball, send some tape to scouts and keep balling.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                Lots of high school baseball prospects throw in the 90's but at 17, that is crazy. He should start playing high school baseball, send some tape to scouts and keep balling.
                lmao.... "lots"

No there really isn't. And the very few that can, have probably been drafted already.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post

Step one, get some footage of the kid.

DONE! We're going back tomorrow

Comment

If true become his agent and get him a pro coach

Comment

Working...
                    X