Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calzaghe""James Toney should lose the flab and fight me.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zelenoffstime View Post
    james toney would ****ing kill calzaghe
    Elaborate...................................

Comment

Originally posted by drrunk2211 View Post
      Let us not forget that Nigel Benn beat Barkley too... and more convincingly than Toney...
      that was two brawlers with freaksih power going head to head, it was always going to be an early KO

toney is a slick counterpuncher who dominated barkley steadily for 10 rounds before putting him away

Comment

Originally posted by timba1988 View Post
        Calzaghe only turned pro in the year Toney beat Iran. 1997 Calzaghe would have gave the Toney that lost to Griffin all kinds of trouble.

Your just a fan boy.
        i mean hypothetically the version of toney that beat iran versus a prime calzaghe you dimwit

toney got robbed versus griffin and everyone knows it

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
          "He should lose the flab and fight me. But I don't think anyone can drag him out of his training camp at McDonalds."

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

calzaghe by ko. remember he was a murderous puncher in the "twilight zone"

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
              that was two brawlers with freaksih power going head to head, it was always going to be an early KO

toney is a slick counterpuncher who dominated barkley steadily for 10 rounds before putting him away
              Fair enough. But you can't base a good performance on beating Barkley. It's impossible to imagine Benn KOing Calzaghe (or Toney for that matter).

Comment

Calzaghe eats the canvas when he fights the better fighters

Comment

Prime for prime, Toney isn't a good matchup for Calzaghe.

If a boxer is very aggressive, or is reliant upon a certain style/lacks a plan B, then I think that Calzaghe looks his best against them. They have problems dealing with his speed, angles and movement. Toney, who was technically very very good, could've exploited Calzaghe's technical flaws, as well as having the ability to adapt to the adjustments that he makes mid-fight.

I think that Calzaghe's awkwardness and his technical flaws are inseparable. The product of being a southpaw with hand problems and having a trainer with no previous experience whatsoever. It serves him well against certain styles, but would be his undoing if he came up against someone like Toney.

On a related note, if Calzaghe had stepped up sooner, I think Montell Griffin would've been a good opponent for him to face. Griffin was very tricky, and Calzaghe didn't have the power of Michalczewski (who lost the first 3 rounds and then scored a TKO in the 4th). Calzaghe beating him by using boxing skills would've been a very very good win.

Comment

Originally posted by MissDeeCole View Post
                    Id love to see this. I cant stand toney
                    But admit that he was one of the best of his era! Undisciplined as fruck! But still!

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                      Calzaghe eats the canvas when he fights the better fighters
                      Then gets up, wins and shatters your dreams.

Comment

Working...
                      X